Question about positive dialogue

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Nel01073

Question about positive dialogue

Post by Nel01073 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Im almost done with session 3 Im trying to write down every thought that I think is negative, but Im having a really hard time trying to figure out which thoughts are true. Some make me feel bad, but I dont know if I should be worrying about them or not. Im afraid Ill underreact to something thats important. Maybe I should still try to make the true ones more positive. Please tell me what you think. Any advice would be really helpful. :|

NeverQuit

Re: Question about positive dialogue

Post by NeverQuit » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 am

Just like Lucinda says, any thought that makes you feel bad, that's a negative thought. Turn it into something positive that BUILDS YOU UP. I think if you keep your focus on building yourself up, you won't feel like you are ignoring things. I know what you mean - I struggle with the thought, "But what if it's true?" People like us fill ourselves full of negative lies. Focus on building yourself up. :)

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:51 pm

hello
i am very new to this so i will make it short. i have gone through lucinda bassets Stress center program and it is wonderful and helpful. very rewarding. i slip and go through the cd's etc again. self talk is the best tool.

lucy knepp :)

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Thank you for your posts. Thank you NeverQuit for your advice. Im trying to do what you said every time I have a thought that makes me feel bad even though its hard. I think depression and obssessive scary thoughts are my main problem right now also Im going through some other problems so it makes me question the thoughts I have but Im trying to focus on making the best out of every situation and building myself up like you said so itll be easier to handle. :)

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks NeverQuit. I always try and replace my negative thoughts with a positive one.. but thinking that I need a thought that "builds me up" is for some reason is more powerful and makes it easier for me to turn my negative thought into a positive one. Thanks. :]

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”