confused about group support

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
theresalasalle

Re: confused about group support

Post by theresalasalle » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:34 pm

New to the Stress Center. on session three also. Cant believe that we totally cause panick attacks our self. Some of it just comes on even when I wake up in the morning. I cant believe that you can just talk yourself better. It may help but I am still not sure It will totally cure me of this panic.

nopils4me

Post by nopils4me » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi, I'm new on here and not sure where I'm supposed to go. Just really need someone to bounce off of when I'm flailing. I've had panic and anxiety disorder for 15 years and I really just want to feel normal again. I bought this program about 3 months ago. I read some of the information and listend to session one and got anxious just reading about it and listening to session one. Apparently I am highly allergic to suggestion, along with all the other stuff I think I'm dying of. I have a wonderfully supportive husband but I know it is hard for him to deal with me along with all his own issues. I really just need to know where to start on this program to get me in a state of mind to do the work.

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:15 pm

nopils4me wrote:Hi, I'm new on here and not sure where I'm supposed to go. Just really need someone to bounce off of when I'm flailing. I've had panic and anxiety disorder for 15 years and I really just want to feel normal again. I bought this program about 3 months ago. I read some of the information and listend to session one and got anxious just reading about it and listening to session one. Apparently I am highly allergic to suggestion, along with all the other stuff I think I'm dying of. I have a wonderfully supportive husband but I know it is hard for him to deal with me along with all his own issues. I really just need to know where to start on this program to get me in a state of mind to do the work.
You have to start on day one and do the homework for each lesson. Don't try to skip around because you may miss something important from a lesson you didn't listen to. I finished lesson 6 about 3 weeks and haven't been back since because I've told myself I was busy, but I still have the anxiety attacks so I guess I better listen to lesson 6 again, or even start back with day one. I guess I haven't been so busy after all.

midnightt

Post by midnightt » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Is there anyone out there

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi I am fairly new as well, would like to chat with people who are going through the same thing
but when i try there is know one there!!
could maybe have something with the time difference, i am in Canada

Thanks
MargaretP

wintrbelle

Post by wintrbelle » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Hello! I am really confused about the support group too! I have gotten on here a few times over the last few months, but I can never figure out where to go or where people are that are at the same place as me. Someone responded to one of my posts that I should go to the session I'm on, but when I've looked at session 3 and 4, most posts are from a long time ago. I don't know what to do and I've literally spent probably 30 min now trying to figure out where to post. It makes me very anxious when I am supposed to be on here to get help :shock:

I know this post was from October or something, but I am hoping that those of you who were talking about this problem can help me figure out where to go??????

Thanks!

wintrbelle

Post by wintrbelle » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Oh, and how do you know if someone replies?

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:34 am

wintrbelle, I was a bit confused when I first got here, then they removed some things, they had monthly things also. I go to general comments or what not and then which session I am on. It's seems at the moment there are not many people visiting. Somedays seem more than others. And to know if someone replies you can either check back or when you are posting if you scroll down just a little there are some boxes you can select and one of them is to notify you when a reply is posted you will then get a email if someone else posts in that topic :) I am also in session 3 soon 4.... Yes some posts are from long ago, but you can still respond, which sometimes will then get others back "in that topic"
hope that may have helped. :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

wintrbelle

Post by wintrbelle » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Yes, that is very helpful. Not many people visiting would account for the lack of December posts. Maybe people are too busy with the holidays or maybe other newcomers are having a hard time figuring out where to post and, like I had done for the last couple months, just don't.

I saw by your call name that you are one of the more active people on here. So do you go to BOTH general comments AND to what session you are on? It sounds like rather than just checking in with one board you look around to find something you want to reply to or comment on? I just found the spot called "your peer support group" so that will be helpful.

Sorry if I am asking too many questions. But up until now this board has been a source of anxiety (trying to figure out how to use it correctly) so I am just excited to have your response!

Thanks!

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Yes it would. I was a little discouraged at the "lack of people" but decided if people respond or not, sometimes it's nice to be able to just "put it out there" so decided I would stay around for a little. No matter the amount support is a great thing.
anyway.... I kind of look all around when I come, I like to try to reply when I can, as I know I previously was very discouraged at not getting responses as quickly as I expected ect.. (I tried site over a year ago when I first got program, but couldn't remember what I used...) so I like to try to reply when I can. I figure even if what I say isn't always helpful, just saying something probably is at least a little...

But I generally try to post in the general comments or the session I am in. I did post something in that peer support group, I haven't seen anyone post there since, so I'm not sure if that is as "active"

I use to think there was a "correct" way to use the site, but I've decided it's just however works for you best. I think everyone has there own way of doing it.... :) And don't apologize for asking questions :) I am more than happy to answer if I can :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”