confused about group support

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
byfaith421

confused about group support

Post by byfaith421 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:45 pm

I seem to be confused about where to go for group support. I dont know if Im to go to the session that you are working on or if Im to go to live chat. There seeems that no one is ever talking on live chat. I would like to have someone to talk to when Im having a bad time. I feel you do better when you can relate to others going through the same thing. I hope I dont have to go it alone.

KAMO

Re: confused about group support

Post by KAMO » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:43 am

Hello Byfaith, I've been on here about a month now, and many days there is hardly anyone on the live chat or the sessions. Several people have sent emails about this, but it hasn't changed anything. I personally don't understand why people spend the money on Lucinda's CD's then don't go to the Peer Support for additional help. Some go to private emails, but for me, that defeats the whole purpose of the chat room. I go here every day, so if you ever need anything, I'll be here at some time during the day. By the way, I don't know about you, but I suffer from anxiety attacks.

byfaith421

Post by byfaith421 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 pm

KAMO wrote:Hello Byfaith, I've been on here about a month now, and many days there is hardly anyone on the live chat or the sessions. Several people have sent emails about this, but it hasn't changed anything. I personally don't understand why people spend the money on Lucinda's CD's then don't go to the Peer Support for additional help. Some go to private emails, but for me, that defeats the whole purpose of the chat room. I go here every day, so if you ever need anything, I'll be here at some time during the day. By the way, I don't know about you, but I suffer from anxiety attacks.
Thank you for responding to the post. I would like to keep in touch with people that are going through the same things. I suffer with anxiety and panic and I belive that support from others will help us all to stay encouraged. I dont know about you but I would like to talk with others going through this because my friends dont understand they think I can just get over it, they will never understand.I will look for you on here so we can atleast support each other.

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Great, I'll be looking for your posts also.

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi, Im new here and also confused about the group support. I started the program last year but never got past session 4. Im hoping I can stick to it this time around. Im actually getting better from my panick attacks but I still have anxiety and depression. I wish you good luck and hope you feel better.

byfaith421

Post by byfaith421 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Nel01073 wrote:Hi, Im new here and also confused about the group support. I started the program last year but never got past session 4. Im hoping I can stick to it this time around. Im actually getting better from my panick attacks but I still have anxiety and depression. I wish you good luck and hope you feel better.
Thank you Nel01073 maybe we can encourage each other. I would like to have others to talk to about this . Good luck to you I hope you go through the program and it helps you to get over anxiety. :)

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm around here everyday as well. Hopefully we can get a small support group going that are at least on here regularly. :]

wildcat153

Post by wildcat153 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:42 pm

I would also like to chat Feel free to chat with me I am ready to get better but it is so so difficult

kseruv01

Post by kseruv01 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the support group as well. I started about a month ago, but hasn't been consistent with the homework. I'm really trying to do my best, but I have a difficult time relaxing. I would appreciate any tips!

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi kseruv01 and welcome
I also have a hard time making time for the homework exercise etc. Sometimes if I feel really overwhelmed I just take a break and then continue where I left off. Also the relaxation tape really helps if you do it the right way. The homework is really important too. Try to take it one step at a time and try to have fun with it. Be patient with yourself, this is a new way of life! Its normal for you to feel anxious at first. Remember you are extremely important and this is the one thing thats for you only so try to make it fun. :)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”