First Timer

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
gentle

First Timer

Post by gentle » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:34 pm

This is my first time here. Never in a million years would I have accepted that there is something out there that will get the better of me and bring my life to a grounding halt. But it did. Over the years I have pushed past adversities and challenges ignoring any discomfort and subjecting my body to my will. Slowly I noticed that my body was rebelling. It started out with ulcers and migraines when I force myself to do the things I do not want to because I believe they are my moral responsibilities. I suffered my worst nightmare last year. And my life just stopped. Head and heart palpitations keep me up all night and prevent me from doing anything constructive during the day because of the accumulative days of lack of sleep.

My faith in God has helped me tremendously. This program is helping me retrain my thought process. It has been challenging because I am so used to putting others and responsibilities first that it is hard for me to put me first.

Nel01073

Re: First Timer

Post by Nel01073 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:57 am

Hi gentle thank you for your post. Like you I also had a problem with letting go and focus on myself for a change. I knew I needed to take care of myself but then I didnt think it was a big deal until the anxiety started happening. I guess thats just how we are. But we just have to remember if we dont take care of ourselves first theres no way were gonna be able to help others.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”