Those in Session 3

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
loghome4

Those in Session 3

Post by loghome4 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:33 am

Who is all in Session 3 - we need to get a good support group together - who's in?????? :)

KAMO

Re: Those in Session 3

Post by KAMO » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:40 pm

I just started Session 3 Monday. It's a rough one because I never realize I had so many negative thoughts. Now I just have to learn how to get rid of them, which hasn't happened yet.

carolyn59

Post by carolyn59 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Im In! I just started session 3 Monday and WOW!!! I could fill a book on my negative thoughts. I have tried hard this week not to say anything negative. If I started I would tell myself to stop and try to find something positive about the situation. I have also started listening to others around me and realized how negative people are. With this economy there is a lot of negativity out there.

gmb5900

Post by gmb5900 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:46 pm

writing down my negative thoughts is a lot of work but i'm doing it. I wondered if i wasnt inviting negative thoughts by looking for them in my thoughts. If I notice Im feeling bad I stop and try to find the underlying thought and challenge it on paper. It has helped at times but I can see how this will take time to develope a habit of positive thinking. I have the present challenge of looking for work and not finding it. The best I can say at times is it is hard right now but better days are ahead. Its had to believe at times. Try to stay in the present moment. I am also reading the book, From Panic to Power.

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:48 pm

The negative thoughts notebook is so hard for me! I'm in college, so whenever I have a negative thought I have to whip out my little notebook and write it down in the middle of class, and of course there's always more than one thought. I've also realized that there are SO many negative people letting negative things affect them! Also beginning to realize the people I am around are negative as well, but I also see myself changing into a more positive light. Has anyone else begun to realize that you really need so much more strength to be positive and happy than to take the easy way out to be negative and pessimistic? I have more respect for positive people now.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”