hello does anyone fill like there is not a lot of support

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
ladybug_101

hello does anyone fill like there is not a lot of support

Post by ladybug_101 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:42 pm

hi, there has been only a few people out there that i have found so far!! that have driving and travel difficulties ! please anyone have suggestions this really bites to have this issue, can anyone relate to what iam going threw !!! have a trip to go on in feb i know its crazy but iam all ready dreading it!! however i did go on a 3 hr trip last week and i did surprise my self at how well i handled it lots of breathing and positive self talk .... i did have to take a Valium to help get threw it! but iam very proud of my self i think i did pretty good !!! :D

KAMO

Re: hello does anyone fill like there is not a lot of suppor

Post by KAMO » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:03 am

I don't have a problem with driving, but I know what you mean about not a lot of support. I just sent a post about that asking what's going on here, but as usual, I doubt I'll get many replies, if any at all. It's a real shame.

ladybug_101

Post by ladybug_101 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:44 am

well iam here thank you for the reply to my post !! just hang in there if ya need a ear just give a shout .... :D

carolyn59

Post by carolyn59 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:23 pm

I agree with the lack of support. You asked if anyone had driving issues....well I have. I have not driven in almost 2 years!! I have to rely on my husband to get me where I need to be each day. That depresses me because I have always been and independent person and now I am not. My issues flared up again when I started having sinus problems while driving, the symptoms would scare me and I was having multiple panic attacks a day. I was terrified that I would wreck. I am now on session 3 and feel quite a bit better but still can't face the driving issue. Any comments from others would be welcomed.

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:57 pm

I also agree with the lack of support- I think it's funny because the ratio of number of reply posts to the number of how many times the thread has been viewed is crazy! It's like 3 replies to every 200 views. It iiss what we anxious people do sometimes, but I think all of us who are going through the program now should try and be here for each other as much as possible!

samsomes

Post by samsomes » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:23 pm

The tapes stress to log on to your support groups, but I am not sure if I am with the right group of people. Meaning if your on session 3 you should be chatting with those people or do you just find a topic and go with it. We shouldn't feel out of control when that is what we should be learning to get back into our lives. I will change that negative thought to a positive one though I have been doing quite well with the tapes, so I do not have any complaints on the program. Just remember you are the creator of your own fears and only you can change them. There is no Magic pill. Do remember to give yourself permission to take a couple of hours out of your week to devote solely to YOU!!! This isn't self-indulgence, this is nurturing, nourishing soul time. Use it wisely :0)

braveironwill

Post by braveironwill » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 am

I can drive- in fact I don't allow anyone to drive for me because if I start getting the diarrhea feeling (I have IBS) I won't get home in time. I feel I have to be in control. I don't travel because of my IBS. I don't travel because of IBS. I've been suffering with IBS, Anxiety and Panic for 20 years now. I'm hoping that this program helps me to be able to travel and at least drive outside my comfort zone. I am agoraphobic. I don't go far from home. I'm working on this. I can't take any meds so I have to depend on my inner strength. I get really anxious when I do have to go out of my comfort zone which some days could be within 2 miles. Hang in there. Hopefully this program will help so we can travel without any anxiety and not even having anxiety thinking about it.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”