Feeling very little support from family and friends

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
jettablue

Feeling very little support from family and friends

Post by jettablue » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Feeling sorry for myself at the moment lol. I feel like I'm not getting much support from family and friends with this. My best friend acts like it's a passing obsession my husband is tired of listening to me and the few others in my family I talk to about it seem like they don't have tine to listen. It seems like they were all more willing to listen and help before I started trying to help myself by starting this program. I don't know maybe it's just the condition talking. The funny thing is I'm not looking for them to reassure me anymore I just want to tell them about my progress and it hurts that the people I care the most about don't seem interested that I'm getting better. Does anyone else feel this way?

mort55

Re: Feeling very little support from family and friends

Post by mort55 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:09 pm

I know what you are talking about. Take this from the world biggest people pleaser. I have looked for validation from family, friends and anyone that would listen to me. That is the great thing I am finding out about this course. We don't need to be validated by anyone but ourselves. I have decided to sit down and write down the positive things I have done and to illustrate to myself that I really am a good person, that I really have tried to do the right thing. I have good days and I have bad ones, but starting to have more good ones because I keep telling myself I don't need anyone elses validation. I just keep telling myself I have been a good dad, I have been a good son, I have been a good employee and a good employer. No one can expect anything else. I realize that no matter what I do, someone is going to find fault in it. That is their problem not mine anymore. Hang in there. It does get better. I am working very hard to break this bad happen, but the hard work will pay off. It will pay off for you also.

jettablue

Post by jettablue » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Thank you mort :) it always helps to know someone else has been where you are.

screlp

Post by screlp » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:32 pm

I understand you. I tell very few people about my condition. I only recently told a very close friend, I let her listen to the first cd, because people who don't know, don't have a clue about what we go through and how our minds work. I never told anyone because I never wanted people to judge me. One of my biggest problems is that I always need external validation. I go out of my mind if someone doesnt like me. I know I have low self esteem, and I havent figured out why, maybe just years of negative thinking? I am excited about this program to finally feel normal and happy like I used to be.
If you ever need support, come here, and we will be here for you. We know what you are dealing with, and won't judge you as a person. TTYS Tommy

jettablue

Post by jettablue » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:17 pm

tawascove

Post by tawascove » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:16 am

I hear you. My husband just thinks i'm a loser who is going through the program for the 5th time! I have to just laugh at myself though. At LEAST I keep going back to it--hopefully I will get the most from the program this time--I think i will!~~Trish

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”