Session 3 need more time

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
mikes38

Session 3 need more time

Post by mikes38 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Just wondering how other people are doing with session 3. I know I will need to spend a couple of weeks on it. It seems like a great session but is taking alot of time. I try to at least work on it an hour a night but I have trouble trying to document the negative thoughts at work during the day.

mort55

Re: Session 3 need more time

Post by mort55 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:34 pm

I work on it all day long. I have put the session 3 cd a portable mp3 player and listen to it anytime I can. I hear something new each time I listen to it. I am like the guy on the cd. I am not sure at this point what negative and positive things are anymore. I keep listening and learn a little bit more each time. I suggest you listen several times.

Alaska907

Post by Alaska907 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Hello,
First time here. It's taken me to get to session 3 to do this! I also feel like I need more time with
session 3. I work it hard everyday. I'm fortunate that I work from home so that gives me an edge.
But it's such a good session that I'm scared I'm not working it to my fullest potencial, because of my
severe anxiety! I must listen to at least 5 dvd's everyday, write in my journal everyday, read my flashcards and focus! I do realize that I am probably the worlds biggest Negative thinker.(I think that was just a negative thought..lol..) But hey, I can admit it, I've learned that is a good thing. The program hasn't really clicked the way I want it to. However, it is starting to little by little. This truely is my last hope in life.I still have panic attacks when I do get up the courage to leave the house. It's been YEARS of Doctors, medications, some that have landed me in the hospital. I have had to quit two jobs in the last three years and I rarely leave the house. I will NEVER give up on this program no matter how confused or difficult it gets. So, I say if one session takes you two weeks what the heck as long as you don't give up and keep the faith and the hope of the success of this program, then go for it!
Hey, I think that was a positive thought...lol.. ;)

mort55

Post by mort55 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:20 am

Hang in there Alaska, there are up times and down times. Yesterday I had a wonderful day. Inside I felt free, this morning I have just a little anxiety, but listened to my relaxation cd and it helps. I put the sessons on mp3 player and listen anytime I can. It helps alot. Good luck, and never give up.

delano

Post by delano » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:12 pm

I totally agree with everyone. Lesson 3 is taking more time. Trying to do the negative/positive section. I had a good day off from work yesterday. Very productive and positive day. Today I went to work (bus driver) with my tools in hand, ie., reminder card, 2-4 breathing, calming self talk (I am calm, I am peaceful, I am safe, I am relaxed) and positive thinking ( I can do this, no big deal, so what if it doesn't work, it's just a thought, I'll be OK etc.). Got on the bus, tried to get it ready and had high level nausea, weak legs and arms, shortness of breath, difficulty maintaining the 2-4 breathing and bewildered and light headed. Grabbed the keys, walked to the office, hung the keys, covered my shift and went home. Positive = I made a valiant attempt and got to that point. Next time, maybe a little further. Obviously still need more work on the program. Not sure when to try to work again. Just keep trying.

screlp

Post by screlp » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I didn't think i was really a negative thinker, until I had to write them down. It is hard to do while at work, but when I am able to, its almost like I cant write fast enough. The average person has 300 negative thoughts a day? I do that in an hour, When my mind starts spinning, I do that it minutes. I am going to stick with it, I know it takes time, and this lesson I think I need to work on more than the last couple. Just by the things I have learned so far, I have realized things about myself that I never new before. I know just by starting this program and being excited about feeling normal again, will drive me to make this work.

Skookum

Post by Skookum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:32 pm

So what if it takes me more than a week? that is just a number on a calendar that somebody pulled out of the air millenia ago. It took me decades to get into this situation so I don't expect to get out on anyone else's schedule. I am not good with schedules and deadlines anyhow.

margaretp

Post by margaretp » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi..... find that I also have to listen to this CD more, it is teaching me, but then again woke up this morning a bit confused with my thoughts, I am retired, and am one of the lucky ones, that I can listen to it more often.
It is helping me, and really making me think. thanks it is good to know you not alon ... argaret

christieinez

Post by christieinez » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:15 pm

WOW! It is so great to hear that others are taking longer with Session 3. I've been working on it for a week and a half and I feel and want more time. I think it's because I got comfortable and I kind of stopped. I still need to continue to exercise, eat healthier, write in my journal etc... it's overwhelming and I know I'm not ready to move on. I guess I will just continue until I feel comfortable with the session and then move to the next! Thank you for this poset :)

Anxiety Sucks!

Post by Anxiety Sucks! » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:05 am

session 3 is taking me a long time-ive had this program 4 a while but i never really started till recently...i want to feel happy and myslef again so that why i started the program on a serious mind frame...i want to get better...and i agree taking ur time with it is the best...but is there such a thing as too much time esp on 1 session...

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”