Session 3 need more time

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Nel01073

Re: Session 3 need more time

Post by Nel01073 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:15 pm

It took me a couple of weeks to finish session 3. Now Im on session 4 but I will keep listening to session 3. Lucinda says its one of the most important sessions so maybe thats why its taking us longer to complete it.

LizzieBee

Post by LizzieBee » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:20 pm

I'm glad to see that other people struggled with finishing this session on time, I've had the same problem as well. But after I really thought about it, it occurred to me that maybe the reason it was so hard for me to finish is because I was putting too much pressure on myself to do it "perfectly" and thus ended up sabotaging myself. (I'd procrastinate, etc)

So what I ended up doing was taking an extra week on it, and also went back over Sessions 1 and 2 for a quick review before going on to Session Four. I still don't feel completely comfortable with moving on, but I do feel at least okay with the fact that I do understand everything in the material. I literally went back through the workbook and stopped after each paragraph and explained it to myself to see if I could really make sense of it - or was I just reading it without thinking.

So I'd agree to take your time with it, but also, learn to trust yourself enough to let go when you know you've given it your best - and move on.

LeliaP1965

Post by LeliaP1965 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 pm

I dont know how it is possible to keep this journal all the time. It is not that I do not want to, it is just how. I am at work for nine and a half hours a day, then I go home, that is really when the negativety starts. I work in a tax office and I am not sure that mid tax season is really the right time to start this program. Patience is not my thing, therfore it is a good thing that I am not a doctor ;) . So when I go home and I find out that my children did not want to get there chores done so they simply did not get done. And there are homework slips to sign because my nine year old is not doing so great in school this year. Then we have supper to get done, homework if they have it, church on Wenesday nights. Well, you know the whole realm of things, was thinking of just recording myself during the course of my day but I cant record my thoughts. I just can see myself with my trusty notebook writing all day long. I do not even recognize my negative thoughts sometimes because they feel like negative moods instead.
My house is in chaos, my life is in chaos, my parenting skills are in chaos and I realize that these things like my anxiety and depression are caused of my negativity and only I can fix them but I have so far to go to even see the horizon to all this.
Lelia

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”