trouble with ptsd

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
t0xic16

trouble with ptsd

Post by t0xic16 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 pm

So this is my first post ever and i decided to talk about ptsd..does anyone else have ptsd and feel like its 100000 times harder to use positive self talk and actually believe it??...ive had (complex) ptsd for about 4 years now from being traumatically bullied and mentally abused in 11th grade for a whole year..every single day i would dread going to school bc i was trapped and couldnt leave and all of my ex best friends were ruining my life and all of those things they said about me and made me feel have stuck in my head for these past years and of course intellectually i know theyre not true, emotionally i cant help but feel those horrible things they called me....soooo yeah can anyone relate? lol

isabel001

Re: trouble with ptsd

Post by isabel001 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 pm

hi.... just like you i have PTSD and trust me... BATTLING WITH IT is not easy at all................................................

mine is from being sexually abused when i was a child and being from a dysfunctional family. are you diagnosed by a professional like a psychiatrist or a psychologist?... well, im still having dreams right now, some are bad and some are good, memories of the past are still clinging in my head and heart BUT IM DOING A TREMENDOUS CHANGE NOW... a very good change :)

what are the personal difficulties you've been having right now??? if you want you could share it with me through a PRIVATE MESSAGE and i will be more than willing to relate my stories with you... :)

my name is isabel btw thankssss

Clarysage

Post by Clarysage » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Yes, I can relate too. It is really hard and takes a lot of work. I do a lot of writing and keep up with feeding myself positive affirmations, positive self-talk. Check your library for CD's. You don't have to keep living the trauma over and over.

t0xic16

Post by t0xic16 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:09 pm

yeah its basically repetition over and over again trying to change the way you think from negative to a positive..pretty crazy stuff but its def harder when dealing with ptsd and writing always helps me too...i finished the program but i think im gonna do it again and see what happens :)

Skookum

Post by Skookum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Got mine in Vietnam. Or rather, when I returned to an un-appreciative social climate. Self-medicating with ethanol led to a whole different class of problems. The last 10 years or so I have finally got that under control and then had to face the real world and that was SCAREY! But along with re-awakened awareness came the great bonus of being able to once again see beauty in the world. The past is past, it is NOW that I thrill over.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”