Starting a new job

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
chrissy10

Starting a new job

Post by chrissy10 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Hey. Ive been living with anxiety for quite some time. About 4 years ago it got bad and I went on lexapro. I taught for two years in the bronx and now have taken another teaching job in the Bronx somewhere else. I start in two days and all the anxiety is coming back again. I had to go back on the lexapro and I am so scared come Monday to go in. I just don't get it. I know that it is bad thoughts, I know how to avoid them but my mind runs a thousand times a second. It is funny because I can be so positive for other people but I put such pressure on myself. Any advice? I've been doing the relaxation tape and I listen to the tapes.

twinny

Re: Starting a new job

Post by twinny » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:25 am

remember why your teaching....be positive for others just as you said.....if your strong for them , you will be strong for YOU sothat you can be there for them....good luck, Ill actually be going through the same thing in two months..switching jobs and im just as nervous.....let me know how you do

chrissy10

Re: Starting a new job

Post by chrissy10 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks so much for your response. I was nervous all day and almost to the point where I said forget it maybe I dont want to do this. Then I spoke to an old coworker and she really motivated me. Sometimes when you think hope is lost it pops up unexpectedly. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow :)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”