New to peer support, having rough time this a.m.

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
MorningGlory34

New to peer support, having rough time this a.m.

Post by MorningGlory34 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 am

Hi everyone. I am just having a lot of tension and anxious feelings this morning and I don't even know what bothering me really. I did quit smoking 4 days ago so that could be it! lol! My chest feels tight and you know how that goes.....the thoughts come :? Well I am beginning week 3 today because I couldn't focus on Monday, so I am gonna listen to the session and then do the relaxation, then take a nap. I just needed to vent I guess and tell someone how I am feeling....like crud right now! I keep telling myself it's just anxiety, your heart is fine...but I need something more to help me right now. Thanks for reading.

Tinamh424

Re: New to peer support, having rough time this a.m.

Post by Tinamh424 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 pm

change your breathing! and it could be that you just quit and are having withdrawls. changing habits can be stressful. just remind yourself that you are going to be better off for it in the long run. tell yourself your ok. nothing bad is happening.your just anxious and itll pass. venting can help a lot. but remember your your safe place/person and everything will be just fine!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”