new here/bad day

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
pepsilover

new here/bad day

Post by pepsilover » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:50 pm

I've listened to the cd 4-5 times, now I'm gonna do the work book. I was getting better and now for the last couple days not so good, cryed alot today, had alot of stress, Just want to sleep alot. Has anyone tried breathing in brown paper bags instead of lucindas method ? I heard it works better? I have trouble concentrating on the book and find my mind wondering alot when cds are in. Mornings still the worst, what's wrong with me? How do we desensitize from the morning fear? I'm wondering if its nightmares or too much sleep or sleep apthnea. Well please reply friends.
pepsilover :cry:

Tinamh424

Re: new here/bad day

Post by Tinamh424 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:15 pm

it could be something you watched last night? did you watch something that might be bothering you? breathe and i haven't tried that. but i know that if i have bad days i just tell myself its just thoughts, i still have bad days and its not completely better, but it works just have faith and believe in yourself! you can do it! :) its getting better. and if it's helping me it'll help anyone!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:59 pm

I get nightmares too...if I'm worried about things at home or watch a scary tv show. Walking really helps me and doing things out in the sunshine. Also, a relaxation CD, I don't use Lucinda's, the one I have is more inspirational and has piano music in it. Along with imagery with sounds of ocean waves, bird chirping, violins or string instruments with the piano. Very soothing.

I eat high protein meals such as tuna on toast, chicken, eggs, almonds, walnuts, seafood, beef as "pure" as you can get it. Meaning hardly any salt or added seasonings or grease. I stay away from soda pop and caffeine, as well as candy bars.

Paislee

Larardo

Post by Larardo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:24 am

My (limited) advice would be to stick with the program and give it every chance at success.

I am neither a doctor nor a paid spokesperson.

And nothing is wrong with you, aside from the fact that you have anxiety. Which is OK.

L

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”