Losing Myeslf

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Larardo

Losing Myeslf

Post by Larardo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:39 am

Hi all. I'm Larry. This might sound weird, but...

I get concern about losing ME by doing this program. I mean, even if I am flawed and imperfect, it's ME!!! I don't want to lose that.

Too weird?

Tinamh424

Re: Losing Myeslf

Post by Tinamh424 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:23 pm

not weird at all.. i understand. its kinda like your worried that if you change the way you are you won't really be you anymore right? but i just think i'll be a better version of myself. i'm still me and thats not gonna change... i'll just be a more positive me. does that help at all? :)

Ruth_HW

Post by Ruth_HW » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:25 pm

I appriciate this post because I have had similar feelings while doing the program. But on the days that it works and I'm not faced with panick, and anxiety I find that it is worth a little change if I can become more comfortable with myself. I hope that when I am done I am still me too, but if you find yourself changing in ways you don't like then you have the power to stop it. Good luck to you.

Ruth_HW

Larardo

Post by Larardo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks for both of your replies. Talking it through seems to help by itself.

Also, I am thinking that if I ever wanted to go back to my old ways of thinking, well, that would be the easyiest thing ever. It's what I did naturally anyway.....so why worry?

Thanks again,

L

hacv6048

Post by hacv6048 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 pm

well losing yourself couldn't be that bad at tis point if you can get technical. come on think about it! can you think how you would be without anxiety, can you think how you would live without anxiety, so wouldn't it be more exciting if you would lose yourself and find a better new you!!! without the anxiety and without all those negative feelings that come along with it, cause it also made sense what one of the guys on the other posts said, you can lose that one part of you but never loose who you really are, and i believe that you are a fighter if youre are still here fighting to gain your ofe back like me and like the rest of this guys in here!!! keep it up man keep fighting and look forward to keep changing in order to find a new you!!! cause that's all you are going to find a new you not a new her or a new him it's you just without the negativity cause you are doing this for you casue you wanna live better so keep fighting for you

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:23 pm

That's right, it's only a better you!! And pat yourself on the back for liking who you are too, that's a huge part of this program, liking who you are, and you want to build yourself up for that. :D Maybe you're further along on the road to recovery than you thought! ;)

screlp

Post by screlp » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:51 pm

Im not sure how much this has affected your life, but for me if I didn't have this holding me back, I know there is so much more I could do. I would never take chances, thinking something bad was going to happen. I will not go into crowded places. It has stopped me from doing many things. It keeps me from going places, it keeps me from meeting new people. People that meet me say I am such a happy, go lucky person, but that was just on the outside. I have a problem with having to have people like me, I know its because I have low self esteem. I am excited about changing who i am, because I see a better person on my horizon. Just my two cents, Tommy

tawascove

Post by tawascove » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Such positive replies! I see such positive things all over this board and it is contagious--thank you so much! :)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”