Relaxation Help

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
steffaniiee

Relaxation Help

Post by steffaniiee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:10 am

So since the begining of this program i have been finding it difficult to relax with the relaxation CD. i dont find it relaxing at all, and i keep trying and trying, and i just cant do it. Is there anyone else that feels that way? or has any sugguestions of better ways to relax when needed? or even quick relax tips for the middle of the day when things can get hectek and we cant get to the CDs?

Goldenman1920

Re: Relaxation Help

Post by Goldenman1920 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

i know this question doesnt have much relevance but, are all 3 tracks of the cd suppose to be the same thign?, because my relaxation cd has 3 tracks and they're all the same....and to your question..see the thing is that they're trying to instill the idea of relaxing into your subconcious...so when you want to relax you sort of just think about the relaxation cd and all these memories of you being relaxed come to you subconsciously. So #1, if its not relaxing to you, at least listen to it when while yorue sleeping..so its still in your mind, and also whenever you just have time to kill. the idea is to get it deep in your brain so whenever you need to relax all those ideas and feelings of the relaxation cd come to you...
so yea..is my relaxation cd the only one that has 3 tracks iwth the same thing lol?

steffaniiee

Post by steffaniiee » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:26 pm

ohhh, okay, i guess that does make sense lol. i was just thinking though when i listend to it, "THIS ISNT WORKING!" but YES! all 3 are the exxact same! and i thought mine was just a mess up or something!

Scottishchassc

Post by Scottishchassc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:36 pm

It puts me to sleep pretty quick

ladybug_101

Post by ladybug_101 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 pm

the cd has 3 tracks on it and they are all the same are you suppose to listen to all three tracks in a setting or just listen one time ...

Debbie Diestelkamp

Post by Debbie Diestelkamp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:20 pm

New to all of this (CD # 3)...
I had 'trouble' with the relaxation CD, also...
I still am not up to 3 x per day, but always try to listen to it when I go to bed.
I have to take meds to sleep - but between the meds and the CD, for now I am sleeping - and for me, that is a BIG deal. I figure, "Don't Give Up - maybe it will sink in to your subconscious!" That is what I am hoping and praying for! :)

Anxiety Sucks!

Post by Anxiety Sucks! » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:59 am

So i missplaced my relation cd...do u think that if i use something else, meaning another relation cd, to try and relax me...like the sound of running water or something that would work as well...what should i do...?

christieinez

Post by christieinez » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi! Yes I had a very hard time with the relaxation CD and stopped using it. It made me feel panicky and anxious. I asked my therapist and she advised me to do other things to relax. I'm too anxious to try it again but I may try. Deep breathing helps me the most.

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:59 am

I have also tried and tried to use the relaxation CD. I finally decided that just wasn't for me. But what they are wanting is for you to just take some time each day to focus on relaxing. I am working on practicing meditation and that seems to be working a bit better for me! I think after I get a little better at that and am more "comfortable" with the whole relaxing thing, then I will try her CD again, but for now I'll do my own thing with that, it's more just about learning to relax when needed!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

David101

Post by David101 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:29 pm

I agree that this is a hard tape to relax to---but also trying REALLY REALLY hard is going to make it harder. My suggestion is to just to let it play and concentrate on the breathing--or experiment with other relaxation tapes to see what works for you.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”