I'm Very Judgemental

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Pete1462

I'm Very Judgemental

Post by Pete1462 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Hello anyone! So when I see people, any people, I form a negative judgement against them right away. Most of the time it's on a subconscious level. I suppose this is a defense mechanism learned from being bullied. Considering the value of positive thinking, I'm struggling with how to change this as it isn't something I am projecting onto myself directly but it does have a similar effect; it causes me to feel bad on a low level. Has anyone experienced this "projection" of their own negativity onto other people like this? What could I tell myself to change that into a positive? Thanks in advance.

Pete

garyhermesch52

Re: I'm Very Judgemental

Post by garyhermesch52 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Pete,
You might try saying "thoughts only thoughts". If that doesn't work, try saying to yourself that what you're thinking is NOT
reality, actually its part of the problem. I think the guy in the program said that once he got himself to start thinking
something (the good, positive things about other people and ourselves) was right, even though it didn't 'feel' right,
eventually he was able to start seeing that it really was right. Surely everybody has good qualities that we can discover
and focus on. Incidentally, I think what we're talking about here is probably one of the main reasons I'm divorced.
Good luck.

isabel001

Re: I'm Very Judgemental

Post by isabel001 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:44 pm

hi guys..... this message made me realize one thing... IM ALSO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JUDGMENTAL!!!! believe it or not... even my own family, I JUDGE THEM LIKE THE WORST PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD... and maybe it's how the way i was brought up by a dysfunctional family... but this program is saying one thing: never blame your past because it will work against you. ACCEPT IT, FORGIVE THEN MOVE ON! :)

yes, you guys are not alone... and you know what? just by judging other person adds 100% to our negativity.....

lesson: TRY TO FIND THE GOODNESS IN EACH "WORST PERSON" ALIVE! ooopppps!!! another negative? "worst" hahahahaaa
just trying to add some humor to this session 3.

but yeah... nice to hear from you guys and your comments are very much welcome... :)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”