going back to JOB

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
isabel001

going back to JOB

Post by isabel001 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:50 pm

hi everyone... im in the session 3 of the program and it is helping me a lot but just recently... my MANAGER called me wanting me to report back to work... im an emergency room nurse and i just had this anxiety / panic attacks recently and im thinking of giving up my job already.... and she insisted on reporting to work tomorrow and talk to her about the situation.... she gave me a lot of words of encouragement and it made me cry bec she is really supportive...

hayzzzzz..... i just feel like i wanna work but my anxiety is making me feel like I CAN'T.

any suggestions?????

finallyhere

Re: going back to JOB

Post by finallyhere » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:22 pm

SESSION 3 IS ABOUT OVERTURNING NEGATIVE THINKING!!! I AM TOTALLY PANICKING RIGHT NOW AND I AM ON THE JOB DAILY. SHAKE YOURSELF OFF. GO INTO WORK AND TALK TO YOUR MANAGER !!! PEOPLE AT MY JOB THINK I'M NUTS BUT SAVABLE !!! YOU CAN DO IT !!! THIS NEGATIVE THINKING HAS TO STOP FOR YOU AND ME !!! BUT LIKE ALL THE OTHER SESSIONS, IT IS PART OF THE PROCESS !!!! LIKE WHEN I WALKED OUT OF MY JOB IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANIC ATTACK - 2 DAYS BEFORE SESSION 2 - WHEN SESSION 2 GOES OVER HOW TO DEAL WITH PANIC ATTACKS !!!!! I TOLD MY MANGER WHAT HAPPENED AND KEPT COMING IN TO WORK ! IF PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO WORK WITH YOU AND HELP YOU, BE POSITIVE AND ... ACCEPT ... THEIR ... HELP .... PLEASE FOR ALL OF US. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER !

isabel001

Post by isabel001 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm

hi, thanksss for replying back to me :) your message is so comforting and it really helps me a lot :) btw, what kind of work do you do?

ElectrifiedBrain

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 pm

What exactly are you thinking when you think about going to work? Do you think you have to be a perfect nurse? Do you worry about doing something that will injure someone? How long have you been a nurse? What actually happens (note that I'm not asking about your feelings) when you go into work? In other words, is there any empirical evidence to support what you're worrying about, or are you just driving yourself nuts over probably nothing?

I agree that you should talk to your boss. You'd probably be surprised at the support you'd get if you just tell her what's going on. She may not have gone through anxiety, but she'll be able to give you accommodations only if she knows you need them.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

isabel001

Post by isabel001 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 pm

hi... thanks for the message... well honestly... IM SCARED OF SEEING TRAUMATIC THINGS RIGHT NOW... maybe it's part of my condition of having PTSD... i can't handle seeing blood or organs or dead people right now because i feel like im going to go NUTS and crazy and i dont know......................................................

so yeah.... i love my boss soooo much bec she is soooooo supportive of me! :)

ElectrifiedBrain

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:32 pm

isabel001 wrote:IM SCARED OF SEEING TRAUMATIC THINGS RIGHT NOW... maybe it's part of my condition of having PTSD...
I'm no psychologist, but I would imagine this is the case. Are you seeing a counselor for the PTSD?
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

isabel001

Post by isabel001 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:47 pm

hi... im actually seeing a psychiatrist right now for my PTSD, and actually the medications are helping me a lot BUT THIS PROGRAM IS SO AWESOME. it's helping me BIG TIME.

finallyhere

Post by finallyhere » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:09 pm

isabel, you rock. hang it there gf. :P

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”