Can anxiety attacks also be anger attacks.

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Lostone24

Can anxiety attacks also be anger attacks.

Post by Lostone24 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 pm

This isnthe first place I will ever admit this. I extremely embarrassed about this. I have a bad temper. But is my temper my version of panic attacks? I feel anxious and when my anxiety rises my temper comes out. My question is this can panic attacks manifest themselves in anger rather than feeling like having a heart attack?

brookflower

Re: Can anxiety attacks also be anger attacks.

Post by brookflower » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:55 pm

I did a quick search and here’s what I found. There is a difference between a panic attack and an anger attack. Anger attacks typically occur in situations in which an individual feels emotionally trapped rather than as the result of fear and anxiety that is often associated with panic attacks. Please see the short article at about.com titled "How to Tell the Difference Between an Anger Attack and a Panic Attack." I suffer from depression and occasionally suffer anger attacks, very embarrassing for me.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”