Am i ready for session three?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
shanleigh121

Am i ready for session three?

Post by shanleigh121 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:07 pm

I woke up this morning, with such anxiety and felt I was unable to control its severity with my six steps I learned in session two. I felt discouraged ..not too mention struggled to get out of bed. Unfortunately that task took me untill noon, and only because my poor dog has been crossing her legs to go outside since seven AM. I proceeded to check my emails, and low and behold, there was the invitation to proceed with session three. Because of this mornings events I really didn't feel I was ready to move on. I'm doubting myself and my ability to absorb and comprehend what my tasks are. Well..I listened to the CD anyways, but didn't take session two off my ipod yet..thinking to myself I can listen to it one more time for good measure. I found myself crying as I listen to the new session. I realized I have been so negative towards myself and situations for probably as long as I can remember! I am the first one to be someone else's shoulder, or build someone else up, yet when I evaluate myself ....I'm horrible! I'm smiling on the outside, but always disappointed or struggling on the inside. I find myself doing the same with this program..as im always doubting if I'm understanding correctly. Eventually, I'm not smiling on the outside anymore.

pamelaputman

Re: Am i ready for session three?

Post by pamelaputman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 pm

I have been thinking the same as you. I am on session 3 and have been obsessing about moving on also. All I have been doing is crying myself to sleep. I think I am going to go to the next session because this is not helping me its making me worse. I hope the best for you!!

steffaniiee

Re: Am i ready for session three?

Post by steffaniiee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 am

I understand how you feel with waking up with anxiety like that. i dont have any advice for you, but just know your NOT the only one. i really hope that moving on to session 3 and more helps you become the person you want to be. all this is gonna work :) just keep pushing.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”