another miracle in my life

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
isabel001

another miracle in my life

Post by isabel001 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:17 pm

hi everyone... i just want to share my one whole day of experience with u guys...

i woke up with anxiety that grew to PANIC ATTACK in a glimpse... my stomach was turning upside down, i keep on vomiting but the worst part is i couldnt throw up literally bec i didn't eat well, i couldnt eat maybe bec of anxiety or effects of my anti depressant meds or whatever reason...

i lay down on the bed with my sister wanting her to rushed me to the hospital... but yeah... i know it's a mix of anxiety, panic and could be real side effect of the med. i thought it would be the worst day of my life... i was dying of stomach pain, nausea, panic attack and thoughts of negativity

then my 5 year old nephew came to me... "did you forget it isabel, u told me when i have tummy ache just ask for god"

then instantly, i prayed just for my pain and suffering to go away...

after few moments i felt better... i would still have the pain but now i could manage it already...

i was able to drive to the gym and enjoy few minutes swimming, have a conversation with a wonderful person in the spa and now im typing this wonderful experience to everyone of you

im still in the process of recovery, i still have high level of anxiety,
but as the saying goes "there is still rainbow after the rain..." :)

Anxiety2

Re: another miracle in my life

Post by Anxiety2 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Isabel, it's great to hear you have a method (god) to help you and that it is working so well for you. Glad to hear you are doing better. I had a bit of the same this wekend only not as bad. I ate the wrong thing for lunch Sunday (I had a subway sandwich) and as soon as I ate it i could tell i made a mistake. my stomach was a bit upset all afternoon and into the evening. When I awoke this morning my stomach didn't like me very well. I got up anyway and drank a good bit of water, took my naturopathic supplements and had breakfast and a cup of warm water (i was told by the naturopath that the warm water would/could help calm your stomach and help the adrenals get started in the morning. well between that and the relaxation cd in about 45 min. i didn't feel so bad, still queezy though. but i went to hit tennis balls and run, well low and behold after about 5 min. at tennis my stomach felt a lot better and when i ran i not only did my normal lap of running and one of walking, i felt good enough to run another lap!! I was so happy with myself i heaped praise on myself like lesson three says and it has seemed to work. I spent the rest of the morning fillling out the exercises in the workbook. this is going to be a hard lesson this week. i didn't realize that I had so much negativity and that i beat myself up for just missing a tennis ball!! i've decided i'm way too hard on myself.
take care and let me know how you're doing...

garyhermesch52

Post by garyhermesch52 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 am

It was nice to read someone's experience of a bad day turning into a not so bad day. I think its God's way of reminding
us that perfect happiness and bliss awaits us after this life in heaven (our true home), if we choose to go there during
this life, which you definitely seem to have done. Good luck and God bless.

ElectrifiedBrain

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:54 am

I know what you mean. My first abnormal panic attacks came when I was 14 years old. I was a Lutheran, and I was going to a Lutheran school in Hawaii. I honestly thought I felt demons there, and every time I "felt" them, I felt the uncontrollable urge to run, and I would. I would end the panic attack by saying, "God, please make the demons go away." As an agnostic today, I believe what was really happening with me (and with you and Lucinda) is that I subconsciously telling myself, "I don't have to feel this way," and that's why my attack ended just like that. I use this "translated" technique, and it works just as effectively, I think. If the whole "ask for God" thing works for you, then do it, of course. I think it's great that you have something you can use to stop the attacks. :D
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

finallyhere

Post by finallyhere » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:55 pm

electrified, you first...how did you get my brain?
Anxiety2, I am not electirfied, I am paralyzed. I am so afraid that the ball I hit out of the park is going to hurt someone, like smash a windsheild. And I'm a hit or miss player!
And you girlfriend, whatever brings you peace of mind, be so thankful for it. 5 year olds rock.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”