women: anxiety and PMS

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
joygirl623

women: anxiety and PMS

Post by joygirl623 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Do any other women out there feel that their anxiety is out of control when they have PMS? I started this program about a month ago. Last week was a really great week for me, I felt like I was thinking positively and I felt optimistic that I would overcome this. Then bam, my PMS starts and I pretty much feel crazy all the time - more anxiety, having obsessive thoughts that aren't logical, just feeling generally uneasy all the time and having a hard time talking myself out of it/being positive. I am feeling very frustrated! Does anyone else have this issue?

Tifinage

Re: women: anxiety and PMS

Post by Tifinage » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:45 pm

hey joygirl,

i had that problem yesterday, i was feeling so anxious and awful and i didnt know why. Then today I started my period so now I know. I feel ya

sappho

Post by sappho » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:32 pm

I also struggle with pms but find that the program tools, are helping me to get through it with greater ease. I tried listening to the relaxations cd more often during this time and riding my bike. This is when I really try to slow down and focus on me, so I don't feel set back by my pms.

Kait

Post by Kait » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi Joygirl.
I struggle IMMENSELY with PMS/anxiety! I am pretty crazy normally, but my emotions/fears are 10 times stronger, and the combination is lethal.
I have written on every calendar I own when 'PMS week' is/should be. I have to constantly remind myself, to pretty much not listen to any ideas/thoughts I am having that week.

Exercise, walk, have a piece of chocolate, just know it will pass! I will 24/7 tell myself I have PMS this week and to try to just float with it :)

joygirl623

Post by joygirl623 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi Kait,

Yes, exactly - during PMS I feel MUCH "crazier" than normal and have a hard time controlling my anxiety and negative thoughts. Reminding myself that I have PMS does help sometimes, but other times I definitely get sucked into it and just can't pull myself out. Thanks for the advice :)

jhenry

Post by jhenry » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 am

Joygirl-
I also have bad PMS my anxiety, bad moods, bloating, and uncomfortably begin a week before the my cycle then my emotional systems calm down as my physical systems act up. This month I had to take a xanxas twice that first week. I don't think it is all the cycle as helpful as this program is I am so dependent on its future success that my anxiety is already maxed out, then you throw hormones in and look out world.

finallyhere

Post by finallyhere » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:51 pm

I feel your pain. At this time in my life, I am not where you are. The end of PMS does not end the axiety. I am faithful to this program. It is my hope. Hang in there kid.

RenJ82

Post by RenJ82 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:09 am

Thank you so much for posting about this issue. I have the same problem! I didn't realize it was such a common problem with women. My anxiety is really bad the week before my period, and it even takes a few days into it to calm down. When I start to get very angry at my husband and have panic attacks at night, I know it's that time of the month. It's rough! I'm hoping the tools in this program will help.

steffaniiee

Post by steffaniiee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:24 am

YES! ABSOLUTLY! this is a huge problem for me as well, and i thought i was the only one. everyone told me it was just regular PMS, but i knew that wasent the case. you just know when somethings wrong. i agree though, exercise really does help take the pressure off your chest so you can breath a little better and feel a little less crazy inside.

katielynnew

Post by katielynnew » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:39 pm

i get the most horrible anxiety and panic attacks right before i start. its so bad my male boss noticed and said he is gonna try to arrange my schedule around that time beacuse its so bad i miss work or beg to leave early. i had thought birth control would help , but it actually made it much worse.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”