women: anxiety and PMS

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
kseruv01

Re: women: anxiety and PMS

Post by kseruv01 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Wow, I'm shocked to see how many women struggle with this problem. My anxiety gets much worse during PMS. I noticed it a few months back when I first started struggling with panic attacks. My first panic attack happened 1.5 weeks before my period and I got much better right after wards. But it's hard to be at the mercy of my periods every month.

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Mine definitely gets worse every month. I am MUCH more obsessive. I actually can feel the chemistry shift the first few days after I get my period, I will actually wake up in a good mood and care-free. It's SO important to practice the "STOP" sign during the week to 10 days before, why would we take ourselves seriously when our hormones are all out of wack? :P

KAMO

Post by KAMO » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:19 pm

I never has this problem with PMS, but my anxiety started when I started menepause and my doctor thinks that's a major cause of my anxiety attacks. I guess there's nothing like being a woman, is there.

perspectivegirl

Post by perspectivegirl » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:45 am

I get much more irritable during my period which in turn makes me feel bad about how I react to my loved ones which makes me anxious and panicky.. those darn hormones. and there is nothing like being a woman, because being a woman is a gift. We are strong and amazing people. :)

Laurie U

Post by Laurie U » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 am

[quote="joygirl623"]Do any other women out there feel that their anxiety is out of control when they have PMS? I started this program about a month ago. Last week was a really great week for me, I felt like I was thinking positively and I felt optimistic that I would overcome this. Then bam, my PMS starts and I pretty much feel crazy all the time - more anxiety, having obsessive thoughts that aren't logical, just feeling generally uneasy all the time and having a hard time talking myself out of it/being positive. I am feeling very frustrated! Does anyone else have this issue?[/quote

yes i have this and i am in this situation right now. i always feel worse during that time of the month and my anxiety seems to be hightened for some reason. i have had anxiety for over 2 years now.

cosmogurl

Post by cosmogurl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 am

I have this problem also but mine is during my period not so much before but sometimes. I am in the midst of it now and had a really bad night last night with it. My anxiety is usually about my health. I had a slight pain in my head last night and of course because I feel '' weird" on top of it I must have a tumor aneurism etc. I find it really frustrating because I feel like I just can't get myself under control. I feel like I am walking on egg shells and the slightest thing is going to set me off and I am just going to go into full blown PANIC and make everything that much worse. See I am doing it right now but I just keep going there no matter how hard I try it seems. I am so done with this.

NeverQuit

Post by NeverQuit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:36 am

Hi cosmogurl,
Tell yourself when you feel that way that you are NOT going to take yourself seriously at this time, because your hormones are off! It's hard to reason with our brains when we are not only dealing with anxiety, but with hormones that are also working against us. So just tell yourself when you feel that way that you are just going to float and let it go, and trust that it WILL be clearer when you come through this, and speak the TRUTH to yourself even if you don't feel it. :)
I need to remind myself of this too!

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:28 pm

There is this great product that is all natural and helps with PMS. It is called Female Balance. You can find it at http://www.femalebalance.com/ It can't hurt to see if it helps with your pms symptoms.

lindabmac

Post by lindabmac » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 am

I have the same symptoms during my pms time. I have a backache, my breasts are very tender,
I feel crazy, I have mood swings. And, I cannot figure out where this is coming from until I check the calendar, and then I absolutely know what is going on i n my body.

mormac1996

Post by mormac1996 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Wow l am so glad l am not the only one that feels the anxiety. I usually get stomach upset and anxious feelings and just an all around nervous vibe two (2) weeks prior to my menstrual cycle. Besides the program does anyone have any great ideas on how to cope with anxiety during this time? Thanks

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”