Hi checking in for the fist time

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Morgan1776

Hi checking in for the fist time

Post by Morgan1776 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Hello just checking in have been putting this off for awhile I was alittle afraid to fully get involved i guess, but I'm making myself do it because I want to get better. At least thats the way I feel right now there are times when I'm unsure the good old "afraid to live afraid to die deal". anyway I'm on lesson 3 and I'm trying to write down my negative thoughts in the note book and then write the positive response and from just listening to the lesson I know this is going to be very hard to change but Im going to keep trying.

CourageousKris

Re: Hi checking in for the fist time

Post by CourageousKris » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 pm

I too am checking in for the first time. I agree that recognizing ALL the negative thoughts and things I say is hard to do, but I do know that the more I do it the easier it will become. I struggle with being patient with myself and the process. I know I didn't get this way overnight and it won't change overnight. It does help me to know that other are going through something similar if not exactly the same as me. I am still working on stopping the panic attacks. Again...not being patient about the process and trying really hard to truly trust myself and the fact that I am causing them and therefore I can stop them. I've been in "victim" mode for so long that it's work to break that mold I made for myself. I believe that this program is working, as long as I keep with it and have faith that I can get better. It seems like this is the time that it's easy to let the negative thinking take over, probably because we're trying to demolish it and it's fighting us every step of the way. Keep with it and have hope...I know I do.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”