Hi...I've Been Here Before...

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Mina's Man

Hi...I've Been Here Before...

Post by Mina's Man » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Hello, Everyone...
My name is Reginald and I joined this program a few years ago. And then I stopped :oops: I'm not sure why, but it turned out to be one of many mistakes I've made in the past 10 years. My life is a walking disaster. I thought I had problems before when I first bought the program. Well, let me tell you life was a cakewalk then compared to now.

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I started the program all over from the beginning. I guess I felt that I had no where else to go. The relaxation tape has made me feel better, but I've got a looooong way to go :(

So, here I am.
Reg :cry:

hopeForUs

Re: Hi...I've Been Here Before...

Post by hopeForUs » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 pm

I didn't think I would make it to week 3. I thought this program would be bogus and a complete waste of time but they tell you every session that it will be worth it. Even though you quit it a while ago, I think you're really strong for coming back to it. There are literally thousands of people on this site going through the exact same things (which is an eye opener for me) and even if you don't reply to any, reading them helps. You can do it this time :) I have faith in you. Just do your best. That's all the world can ask of us.

Jackie Chambers

Post by Jackie Chambers » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:07 pm

I also have been here before ; but this time I'm sticking with it!!!!! I am just finishing session 3 and feeling better. I wish I could say without any anxiety; but I am going out now and feel I have tools to help me, and they ARE helping me. I have been to the mall alone and rejoined my water aerobics class. I haven't done any of this alone in a year!! Please do everything the tapes say and don't forget the journal :?: I don't know why that helps; but I have also been in therapy years ago and writing is stressed alot. The deep breathing is helping also. Hang in there!!!! ;)

Mina's Man

Post by Mina's Man » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Since I posted this entry, I've been keeping track of my negative thoughts. All I can say is if this keeps up I'm going to have to buy more spiral notebooks. Not only do I have a lot of them, but the same ones keep popping up again and again :o

Oh, by the way: I found out it's hard for me to get back on this board after a long absence. Just keep re-entering and re-entering that ole password...talk about stressful :roll:

Anyway, this program does work, but like anything else, I guess what you put in is what you get out (how profound :idea: )
Until next time... Hope I can get in here.
Reginald :)

Jackie Chambers

Post by Jackie Chambers » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Those negative thoughts seem to be determined to haunt us. I really didn't think I had many---WRONG!!!---I will need a big notebook also. The deep breathing helps because while your're counting it stops the negative thought because we can only think of one thing at a time, so I'm doing plenty of breathing.Good Luck ;)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”