My first vacation

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Cara_C

My first vacation

Post by Cara_C » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Day One: The driving part of it was alright, I had my cds and did session three along with the relaxation tape- which helped. Then we got to the cabin... and let me just inform you, im not a camper lol. But I wanted to try something new for my husband. Things were great the first day.
Day Two: We decided to go on the boat, and since I dont camp I have Never been on a boat. We did have to take baby steps, I had to keep telling myself if I cant do it then we can always go back. But it was amazing I loved it, I did have a little panic attack when we were just hanging out on the boat in the middle of the lake. Its really hard for me to just relax and not do anything and when Im not doing anything and I feel like I should be doing something I get a panic attack. But I changed my breathing and then got over it.
Day Three: Not the best of days. I woke up and it was thunderstorming. But after a little while things got better and it was muggy. I didnt feel like chilling on the boat... again. I dont know how people can do it. So we went to the beach, remember how I said its hard for me to relax... well after about an hour, it all hit me like out of nowhere, I attempted the breathing but I was really worried that I was going to make a fool out of myself in front of my husbands family. It was awful I told my husband we have to leave now! For like the next hour I just felt like crap, I had to leave from a stupid panic attack... again, I had such a good day yesterday why not today, blah blah blah. I just kept beating myself up, to be honest I find it very hard to have such great days then boom get a panic attack and it just feels like I ruined the whole day from it. But after I got over it the day was only a little bit better.
Day Four: We got everything packed up and kept busy cleaning up around the cabin, but no panic attacks. Then we went home.
Session three to me has been a challange, my goal was to actually be able to relax, and well I would say it was a good half and half. But I do like how it says to make a goal for yourself just for the week. I just need to keep working at it.

Lostone24

Re: My first vacation

Post by Lostone24 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Hey great job trying new things. What a big step. I admire you for facing fears. What you are doing is the hard work it takes to get recovered. It might not feel like it but it looks like you rolled your sleeves up and got into the trenches. Keep going little by little and before you know it you'll be a master outdoors woman.

ElectrifiedBrain

Re: My first vacation

Post by ElectrifiedBrain » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 am

Cara_C wrote:well after about an hour, it all hit me like out of nowhere, I attempted the breathing but I was really worried that I was going to make a fool out of myself in front of my husbands family.
Realistically speaking, what did you think you were going to do to make a fool out of yourself? If they had done the same thing, would you have thought them a fool?
Cara_C wrote:I just kept beating myself up, to be honest I find it very hard to have such great days then boom get a panic attack and it just feels like I ruined the whole day from it.
The day doesn't have to be perfect to be enjoyable, just as you don't have to be perfect to be loveable.
Cara_C wrote:Session three to me has been a challange, my goal was to actually be able to relax, and well I would say it was a good half and half.
I'm sure that's better than you were last week!
Last edited by ElectrifiedBrain on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." - Unknown

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”