Not sure this is working for me at all.

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
heckuvaguy

Not sure this is working for me at all.

Post by heckuvaguy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Starting to feel like I wasted 250.00 Is anyone out there who can dissuade me of this opinion ??

bunny rabbit

Re: Not sure this is working for me at all.

Post by bunny rabbit » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:24 pm

How are you working the program? Are you doing what is says or are you changing the methods and doing what you want to do? I am on session three right now and have spent a week on each session, done the homework and listened to the CD 3x or more each week, the relaxation tape every day and the DVD once a week. My life is really changing as a result of all this and I am feeling tons better than when I started several weeks ago. I believe it works if you work it. Hang in there!

early58

Post by early58 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm thinking the same thing. Since I placed the order I've been more stressed because I didn't really have the money to spend. I've listened to the first 3 cd's but most of it I already know.

ariel2477

Post by ariel2477 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 am

i am on cd 3 i spent several weeks on cd 2 am taking my time with it.
some of the things i already know and many i do not know.. yet its good that i was reminded of some forgotten things.
I have lesson 3 in my car and listen to it over and over when i drive. I feel this one will take time. Learning to change negative thoughts into positive and learning how to phrase them is certainly going to take some time. I , however, do believe the cd's have helped.

hopeForUs

Post by hopeForUs » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 am

I know how you feel. I don't feel like the program is helping me yet either but medicine doesn't change how horrible I feel. So I'm just going to keep trying and plugging through it. Think of it this way, if you knew all this stuff already than why aren't you better? I completely understand how you're feeling right now but if you want to get better and be happy again, keep trying. Just do your best, it's the world can expect of us.

barefoot

Post by barefoot » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:08 pm

I've only been on the program 3 weeks and at first i questioned had I wasted my money. Now, after sticking with the program, it's almost to the point that I have to listen to a tape every day...I can't put it down. I'm hoping that's a good thing because it does make me feel better.......not 100% yet but I think if you're sincere about wanting to get better, the best thing you can do, is stick with it and do everything it says. Good luck

hopeForUs

Post by hopeForUs » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:49 pm

barefoot wrote:I've only been on the program 3 weeks and at first i questioned had I wasted my money. Now, after sticking with the program, it's almost to the point that I have to listen to a tape every day...I can't put it down. I'm hoping that's a good thing because it does make me feel better.......not 100% yet but I think if you're sincere about wanting to get better, the best thing you can do, is stick with it and do everything it says. Good luck
That is a good thing! It's helping me now but I still find it hard to listen to it three times a week, so good for you!

barefoot

Post by barefoot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:23 pm

That's great news! Every day is getting better and better.

healthyrachel

Post by healthyrachel » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 am

Hi, I went through this program back in 2004 and it worked great for me. Be open to learning the coping skills that are being taught. Practice PRACTICE PRACTICE. Being an anxious person we are open to fall back into our poor behavior habits. Its a life change. Just because you have anxiety or depression doesn't mean you have to live this way. The lesson about secondary gains, its funny how you don't see what you are getting out of it. I know what I am getting out of it. I am staying in a bad relationship and driving myself nuts. But I have yet to change it; I just continue down this path. Year after year...complaining. I don't know why I do this but I do.

You owe it to yourself to give it a try and do the full 15 weeks. If it doesn't work; no harm to you! :) The resale value on the program is pretty good. You can sell it on ebay when your done. Good luck to you!!

bY THE WAY, I am doing the program again because I have fallen into that negative & obsessive place. I recently started taking prozac hoping to gain some clarity and I hate it. I hate being on medicine I don't see how it will solve my anxiety or depression. The only solution for me is this; it worked great for me before I am going to jump back in again :D

GOOD LUCK

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”