will I have another stroke?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
chris001

will I have another stroke?

Post by chris001 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:45 am

I had a stroke in 2000 and I have now been told that other arteries leading to my brain are 65% clogged and to come back in a year. If then they are 75% clogged there is a procedure they can do that may open the arteries, cause another stroke or I could die.

So here I am. I'm supposed to be not having negative thoughts. Well, I am. I have paid for the coaching sessions which is far out of my financial abilities and now I don't know how long it will take for me to get back on my feet and continue with the sessions. I've been depressed before and have taken a positive strategy to do everything I can to improve my condition. I thought I had done that before but obviously standard medicine hasn't worked for me. Now I'm looking at a holistic approach with vitamins etc. but I'm partly depressed because I can't even eat much. I'm gluten and lactose intolerant and now I'm being told to almost eliminate sugar and coffee. I can't talk to my few friends because they don't want to be brought down by my problems. The same goes for my adult kids.
I don't know what anyone can say to help but just writing this is some help. If anyone has asked for a refund on the coaching it would be helpful to hear what happened with you. Of course, if it was negative you probably aren't on this site.

CarolM

Re: will I have another stroke?

Post by CarolM » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:34 pm

I don't have any answers but i think it is wonderful your posting and doing what you can to deal with these difficult issues. You mentioned
I'm supposed to be not having negative thoughts. Well, I am.
I don't think your not suppose to, your a human being. Your trying your best to replace those negative thoughts when you can. I think that is commendable, and no small feat. Your a strong person, even though you might not always feel that way. Reading your post it is obvious you ARE VERY STRONG. :)

barefoot

Post by barefoot » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:04 pm

I agree with Carol - you're writing and expressing your feelings, I feel is a big positive step. I too am lactose, have diverticulitis and will be having a colonoscopy on the 22nd to help determine why I am nauseated all the time. I am very limited on what I can/cannot eat without having problems. Hang in there, prayers to you.

Cara_C

Post by Cara_C » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:51 pm

I also have health problems, two heart conditions, and some blood problems. I had depression a lot when I found out I was sick. I also have a lactose problem, have you tried meds for it, I know they have them at walmart cheap. Maybe if writing makes you happy you can start a blog.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”