Having a tough time with session 3 homework

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
SeekingTheCalm

Having a tough time with session 3 homework

Post by SeekingTheCalm » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:24 pm

I would be more concerned with how I felt. I guess I never paid attention to my inner dialog. Any tips?

bunny rabbit

Re: Having a tough time with session 3 homework

Post by bunny rabbit » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:51 am

I have been doing dialoguing for the last 9 years. I write my feelings with my non-dominant hand. At first it looks like child's writing. The response is with my dominant hand and over time I've been able to replace the negative, shaming put-down messages with a loving, comforting response. I write from God's perspective as well in red. Give it a try and you may be pleasantly surprised what comes from it. Blessings from Bunny

M'Aerie

Post by M'Aerie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

The entire premise of this program is that our inner dialogue is so responsible for how we are feeling, inside and out. I also believe that removing the caffeine, sugar and alcohol (or other self medication ingredient) plus drinking plenty of water, eating lots of fruits and vegies, laying off the red meat, and moving the body in some way all help to add a feeling of goodness to our being. Some of it is very hard to do, but when you notice how much better you are feeling, you won't miss the bad habits that have buoyed you for so long. I hope you stick to the program and really try to recognize your negative thoughts and turn them into positive ones. Good luck, and be blessed!

SeekingTheCalm

Post by SeekingTheCalm » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to apply your suggestions. :D

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”