help with self talk

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
stevenb33

help with self talk

Post by stevenb33 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:06 pm

i know im only on step 3 but i was seeing so much progress in myself until today at the doctors office where i had a pretty intense panic attack. going to doctor was supposed to ease my mind about some of the worries i have about having a heart attack and health issues, instead i got so worked up in the waiting room beileveing that i was about to die that after the general physical i left and didnt get the bloodwork i was supoosed to get done. all i wanted to do was go home. the panic attack just put a damper on the whole day but hopefully i can maintain the progress i beileve that i have been making. i just want to stop thinking im going to die

LMH2011

Re: help with self talk

Post by LMH2011 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 pm

But you made it through the physical!!! Well done! You are one step ahead of me when it comes to doctors....I totally freak at the doctors office because I worry about my blood pressure (although it's always normal, so he says). I did have an episode of extremely high blood pressure - and when I say extremely high, I mean I could've had a stroke - blood pressure after I delivered my son and I survived with no long term problems, so it's just a fear that I have to deal with. You did great! You can always get your bloodwork tomorrow - you can't win them all, but you have to start somewhere! You should be proud of yourself for taking the first steps to help eliminate your anxiety!

stevenb33

Post by stevenb33 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:01 pm

thank you

bunny rabbit

Post by bunny rabbit » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:45 am

I'm working on session 3 replacing my negative self-talk about my father's dying process from kidney failure. My positive self-talk is "My father's spirit is being renewed, enlarged and strengthened day by day. My father's body is a perishable container, so I focus on his eternal spirit not the container. His suffering is small given a lifetime of 90 years and it won't last long. His suffering will soon be over, but his joy will last forever. I choose to mine my grief for gold. I embrace the sadness, solitude and silence of grief. This is a sacred time. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Bunny

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”