Someone please help!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Doodlebug082492

Someone please help!

Post by Doodlebug082492 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:06 pm

As I've said before I have a huge phobia of throwing up... And it's like if I was to ever get a fever I would always think "OMG, i'm going to throwup" I don't know why I associate throwingup with a fever... Anyways for the past 3 days I would get this hot flashes all over my body, and then my face would be flushed and feel hot... Today however, I've been exhausted, my skin feels warm and hot for a while and then it would be ok.. I am hot one minute and freezing the next... My body would also feel like I have pins and needles everywhere and then it would go away... I'm so scared this is a fever and I'm going to throw up.... Does this just sound like my anxiety or am I sick?!?! Please someone help me:(
~Doodle

LMH2011

Re: Someone please help!

Post by LMH2011 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Like you said yourself, just because you have a fever doesn't mean you are going to throw up! I have three kids and I can tell you....anytime they have thrown up, they have NOT had a fever! It sounds like you are torturing yourself with anxiety! Just because your skin is hot doesn't mean you have a fever. Have you actually checked your temperature? I bet it's normal. I don't have a fear of throwing up (with 3 pregnancies, I've done it too many times to care about it,lol), but I've heard from people who have this fear that the nausea is worse than the actual throwing up. But sometimes, the only way to get rid of the nausea IS to throw up and then you feel better! Stop working yourself up about this because it doesn't sound like you are sick. It sounds like your mind is wandering and you are letting it go there. Time to try to get your mind off of this and distract yourself. Hope this helps...at least a little!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”