Riding my bike

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
llewey

Riding my bike

Post by llewey » Tue May 31, 2011 9:15 pm

For the past 2 mornngs I have gotten up early and taken my bike to the bike trail for a 45 minute ride. I felt so good today.

Paisleegreen

Re: Riding my bike

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Wow, that's awesome! I need to get mine out and ride it! Last year I got it out and test rode it in front of my yard, and that is where it ended. But I had been put on beta blockers and Remeron at the time, so I wasn't doing much of anything until I weaned off of that bad idea by a Physician Assistant! Keep up the good work! Paislee :mrgreen:

fender

Post by fender » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:01 pm

I ride too and experience the same result. It is amazing how a rush of endorphins can brighten the day. I only wish I lived right next to the trail, so I could ride any time... As it is, I have to load the bike into the truck and drive to a trailhead. It is only about 3 miles down the road, but that is enough to keep it to a 2-3 time per week activity.

couturesugar

Post by couturesugar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:11 am

That's awesome! I'm so jealous and hope that some day I can do physical activities outside too.. I'm super grateful for my treadmill though, otherwise I wouldn't be getting any exercise! Hopefully this weeks session takes me another step in the right direction for recovery.

llewey

Post by llewey » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 am

I am on day 4 of getting up at 500am to ride my bike. It is a wonderful feeling. Makes the rest of the day better. I understand about the bike trail as ours is a few miles down the road also but I decided if we are going to do this we would just leave the bikes in my vehicle and go from there.

Keep smiling everyone - we can do this!!

KMMeyer

Post by KMMeyer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:32 pm

I just got a bike for my birthday, and we have been going on really long (4 hour) bike rides on Sundays,and then doing a couple shorter ones throughout the week. It is great! It gives me a good, active feeling all week long. We also have started doing yoga regularly. We do the P90X version, so it's a pretty tough workout. There is a lot of focus on breathing and positive feelings, and I feel amazing afterwards. Getting active has been the best thing for my anxiety so far.

KMMeyer

Post by KMMeyer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:08 pm

Does anyone else have any activities that they find have helped their anxiety? I have started practicing meditation. I'm doing mostly guided meditations right now, but I am loving those!

bunny rabbit

Post by bunny rabbit » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:17 pm

I am getting up at 6 am every morning for a walk with weights along the lake and through the woods not far from my house. I am blessed I know to live in such a great area. The quietness is worth the sacrifice I find in getting up so early. It seems like a whole different world. I am changing my self-talk which helps me replace the anxiety-producing words with comforting, soothing words. I find that has made a big difference. I had a lot of anxiety about my father illness and dying process. As a result of God's help and positive self-talk my focus and attitude has dramatically changed. I am feeling a lot calmer and far more peaceful. Sent With blessings from Bunny

mbwillow1

Post by mbwillow1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Congratulations to all of you beginning/continuing your exercise regimes!!!

Patman412

Post by Patman412 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:50 pm

I envy your willpower. I KNOW I need to exercise but just haven't started.
I talk myself out of it every morning so far. Making progress in other areas though.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”