How to relax when your biggest fear is of Vomting?!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Doodlebug082492

How to relax when your biggest fear is of Vomting?!

Post by Doodlebug082492 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:35 am

When I was about 4 years old, there was a full week where I was SO sick... All I did during that week was throwup day and night... And that has ruined my life... Everytime I get a nauseas feeling I freak out.. I hate that feeling and I know everybody doesn't like doing it... But I spend much and most of my thoughts worrrying about well what if I have to throwup? That will cause panic attacks which will also cause more and more nausea due to the adrenaline... What can I do? Any thoughts?

HelpingHands

Re: How to relax when your biggest fear is of Vomting?!

Post by HelpingHands » Fri May 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Remind yourself that they are just thoughts, and that you control your thoughts.
Also consider the worst case scenario: So you throw up, will you die? no. Will you have any lasting physical damage? no.
We rationalize our fears any way we can, and ANYTHING can really take flight in our mind if we let it.
Just try to remind yourself that it is not realistic, and that you are FINE. Stress actually causes nausea, so the more you worrying about nausea the more you will feel nausea. The mind is a VERY strong thing, which is why you can also talk yourself right out of this.
I know you can do it!! Just remember, thoughts, just thoughts!!

Doodlebug082492

Re: How to relax when your biggest fear is of Vomting?!

Post by Doodlebug082492 » Fri May 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Thankyou :D

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”