staying positive today

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
mramirez10

staying positive today

Post by mramirez10 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:08 am

So today I have decided to say or think as many positive true things about myself and others. I'll write about how it goes later.

mramirez10

Re: staying positive today

Post by mramirez10 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:44 pm

So I tried this today. I noticed it was real easy to give others compliments and build them up. Especially those outside of my family. I also noticed that I don't give my emidiate family as much encouagement or compliments as I should. It felt good to point out the good in all my children and husband today. I've decided I'm going to work on this tomorrow too. I did pretty good at complimenting my self as well. However, I didn't believe it all the time. I was telling myself the truth, but I still wasn't beliving it. I'm going to keep working on this as well. Like the guy in the 3rd session cd says, "Practice makes perfect".

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:48 pm

So I tried to not say anything negative and not complain today. It was a real test for me today. I had a sick child and my husband came home in a bad mood and tired because of a long day at work. It was so hard to not complain or say anything negative. I didn't quite make my goal, but It was an improvement from what I normally would have done in this situation. I mostly just thought of the complaints rather than saying them. I did counter the complaints with positive dialouge. I'm going to try this again tomorrow to see if I can do better.

TemperAnxietyStress

Post by TemperAnxietyStress » Mon May 16, 2011 9:52 pm

You're an inspiration to me. Thank you. I will try to do as you're doing here. I struggle a lot with negativity and I sabotage my relationship with my hubby and daughter all the time with it. I want so badly to be a positive person and have a brighter side of life. I also want to conquer complaining. Keep writing and I'll keep journaling and working on my own attitudes. Thanks!

Amy

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”