Are we supposed to write every - thought?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
mramirez10

Are we supposed to write every - thought?

Post by mramirez10 » Tue May 10, 2011 8:45 pm

So I started session 3 today. I actually started tracking my thoughts about a month and a half ago because I read Lucinda's book. However, I've gotten lazy in actually writing all my negative thoughts. I've found it difficult to write when I'm driving, feeding the baby, talking to someone else, washing the dishes, exercising, ext.. These are times that I find I have negative thoughts because I have time to think. So my question is, Are we supposed to write every negative thought, or just as many as we can? What works for you? I would love ideas!

missobsessive

Re: Are we supposed to write every - thought?

Post by missobsessive » Thu May 12, 2011 6:48 pm

I usually aim for 4-5 thoughts a day. I also try to write in a journal at night before bed. Just doing that has really made a difference. Even just sticking with a few thoughts a day will eventually start to make a difference in how you feel. It's pretty crazy!

I also am really surprised at how cleasing journaling can be. It was so hard for me to even start to write in one at first, bc I would literally think - 'what would ppl think if they read this?' - WOW! Talk about self-sabotaging. Now I just write whatever is in my head. It is such a quieting of the mind and it really does help you to reach new insights, etc.

Hope this helps :D

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:46 am

Thank you this really helps. I'm not so good at writing in a journal either. For me though I'm scared to write my thoughts, like if I write them they will be real. I haven't been writing in a personal journal, just keeping my thoughts or experiences with my anxiety on here.

missobsessive

Post by missobsessive » Sun May 15, 2011 10:59 am

I used to think that about journaling too. I was afraid to actually see my thoughts. But once you break through that fear and just do it, it gets easier and actually feels good.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks, I'm making it a goal to write every day even if it's just a few lines this week.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”