schedule?

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
draggingsticks

schedule?

Post by draggingsticks » Thu May 05, 2011 9:30 pm

do you guys make up a schedule for all the stuff that in the program. I was making a list of stuff and it took up most of my day.
relaxation x3
lesson cd or dvd and workbook
review cards
meditation
journal
exercise
eat healthy which requires time cooking etc.
writing down all my negative thoughts

then i have cut grass almost everday, i have a huge mountain side etc.
household chores
cook
i am an artist so finding time to paint etc is challenging
joke/laugh
down time hmmm
i like to watch success stories

anyone else find all this almost too much or at least consumes most of the day, of course i am willing to do what it takes.

well anyway my question was do you schedule or just wing it?

THH

Re: schedule?

Post by THH » Fri May 06, 2011 10:03 pm

draggingsticks,
My vote is just wing it! Try to do some work daily, if you have time do what you can. There is no exact way to go through the program. You own it and you can take as long as you need to learn the material in the lessons.

It was a lot of work for me as well. Some days I just got overwhelmed or did not have the time to do it all. It just took me longer to go through. No big deal. Keep in mind the more you put into it, the better you will do. We really can change these bad habits!
I have gone though it 2 times, and feel 80% better! Been over a year sense I have had panic attack.

My best to you! :D

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri May 06, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm with THH on this. I haven't had any panic attacks either since I've been introduced to the program and saw a new Psychologist.

draggingsticks

Post by draggingsticks » Sun May 08, 2011 7:06 pm

ye no schedule would bring about less stress i would think too. thanks

tbabystroup

Post by tbabystroup » Mon May 09, 2011 1:20 pm

i'm glad i read this post!!
i thought maybe i was the only one who felt this course was a little too demanding of my time... i go to school full time which bc of my anxiety is like a full time job, and i work part-time as well as raise my 2 kids on my own, and looking at all i should be doing made me think well hell i'll have to be up all night working on this stuff!! i decided that if i have to spend 2 or even 3 weeks on one session than so be it... beating myself up for not being able to keep up will only hinder my progress and so i will not focus on my pace only on what i've learned and the small bits of improvement i have already started to see!!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”