anyone here going through what i'm going through!??

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
livelife

anyone here going through what i'm going through!??

Post by livelife » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:41 pm

i seriously dont know what to do with myself anymore.
i dropped out of college and currently doing NOTHING but this program and exercising. sounds like an OK easy free time but i still cant even find the time to relax. i find myself nervous all the time and feel like i am only getting worse -i couldnt even open the door to my boyfriend because i was so nervous and anxious about i dont even know what? AAAAHHHHHHHH!!! FEELS LIKE IM GOING TO THE DEPRESSION PATH AGAIN AND I HATE IT.
i was on anti-depressants for a year until this past january i asked the doc if i could stop taking them and he said yes if i thought i was ready so i said yes. got off of them and thats when i dropped out of college because i couldnt even be in a classroom listening to the teacher's lectures i was so nervous. decided to drop out and "get better".
I havent really been socializing except for the few times i must go out and run errands for my parents like go to the bank and whatnot and grocery shopping and go out with my boyfriend but even he notices i'm afraid to go out or just plain afraid. what should i do? any more tips besides the program and listening to the relaxation cd? i'm DESPERATE (p.s. do not want to get on any anxiety pill or anti-depressants anymore because they make me feel fake and not like myself and i hate it. dont want that at all.)
P.S.S. please any advice will do.

THH

Re: anyone here going through what i'm going through!??

Post by THH » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 pm

livelife,
I think this program is about getting to know your self. What do you like to do? What do you want to do? Do you have friends? Do you like music, games, being out side? What kind of jobs would you like to do? Many times these things can be a form of relaxation for us. It also fills up our time.
I know you can do this program and take control of your life but you have to do the work! That is what is great about this program, it teaches you very important coping skills that can be applied in all areas of you life. It is hard!!! But I encourage you to do it, you can...
;)

livelife

Post by livelife » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 pm

THH wrote:livelife,
I think this program is about getting to know your self. What do you like to do? What do you want to do? Do you have friends? Do you like music, games, being out side? What kind of jobs would you like to do? Many times these things can be a form of relaxation for us. It also fills up our time.
I know you can do this program and take control of your life but you have to do the work! That is what is great about this program, it teaches you very important coping skills that can be applied in all areas of you life. It is hard!!! But I encourage you to do it, you can...
;)
thank you

nateball3

Post by nateball3 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:42 am

I am going through exactly what you are going through. I just dropped out of school too and I am soo nervous all the time. I couldnt sit in class either, it made me crazy trying to sit and listen to the teacher talk. I dont really have any advice for ya im just letting you know that there is other peole out there that are feeling just like you are. Just keep on fighting through and keep your head up high.

livelife

Post by livelife » Sat May 07, 2011 9:17 pm

nateball3 wrote:I am going through exactly what you are going through. I just dropped out of school too and I am soo nervous all the time. I couldnt sit in class either, it made me crazy trying to sit and listen to the teacher talk. I dont really have any advice for ya im just letting you know that there is other peole out there that are feeling just like you are. Just keep on fighting through and keep your head up high.
THANK YOU! <3

luvu4u2003

Post by luvu4u2003 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:38 am

I to took a incomplete for the semester. I hate this!

Doodlebug082492

Post by Doodlebug082492 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:27 am

I just want you to know that I am 19 years old and have NEVER been able to feel comfortable in a classroom... I was never able to sit still... If there was a time where the room would be quiet and listening to the teacher, I couldn't do it... i couldn't relax.. I ended up failing classes... I recently just graduated, however.. but I had to transfer to a small night school.. and they really helped me.. There is hope! This is a real problem, but it can be helped... I'm looking to go to beauty college here soon.. And i'm going to be looking for some advice and help myself in order to make it through more schooling...
~Doodlebug082492

couturesugar

Post by couturesugar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 am

Doodlebug makes a great point about considering night school. I was in a similar situation as you and just couldn't sit through class, so I've been doing my classes online and totally thrive in the online environment. I still find myself worrying if getting most of my degree accomplished online is as legitimate.. will people think less of it, etc? I comfort myself with the fact that it's a real school, they just have online degree programs available. There are options available to you that aren't necessarily traditional and I think that's a great thing.

Also, really do try to work on realizing when you're having negative self-talk. I think it's a key issue when it comes to a lot of depression and anxiety. The positive affirmations might not be enough to get you through a panic/anxious episode at this time, but the more you practice it the more engrained it'll become in the way you think and you'll change.

asammy

Post by asammy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:33 am

I just want to let you know that you are not alone! I started getting anxiety attacks my sophomore year in college and did not think i would be able to continue in school, but i'm supposed to graduate this coming semester. I still deal with anxiety attacks and sometimes its hard to find that positive reinforcement when i feel different from everyone else my age but guess what, everyone on this forum is dealing with the same thing! I just wanna encourage you to not give up on these tapes and remember that its just anxiety.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”