BUILDING A BETTER LIFE... Session 3

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
mcshope

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE... Session 3

Post by mcshope » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 am

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE

So here we are, ready to start this project. The BBL Project. This project is the idea of a group of people that have gone thru the program at least once. We found out that having the support of other people made the process more enjoyable and increased our desire to keep working to improve our abilities and finally live without the fear of anxiety. It is nice to know that there are people willing to listen and share their experiences.

The BBL Project is open to anyone who is going thru the program. We are now on session 3 and we will start a new lesson every week. We are following Lucinda's Program the way is meant to be, listening to the sessions, reading the lessons, completing the assignments. This is just an space to share your experiences and progress.

We would like to support each other, share our progress and continue growing and learning. If you have anything to share, join us, we learn a lot from other people's experiences. :D

mcshope

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE... Session 3

Post by mcshope » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:00 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPJVWVjt7Uk

Lucinda's video for this week. Enjoy

Hope

THH

Post by THH » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Session 3!
For me this one I spent a bit longer on my first & second time through. I think Question - is it true, reasonable, rational, realistic? This really helped me recognize my negative thoughts. I often come back to this one, more than any other session. This one helps me as now I can identify my negative thoughts. It is a starting place for actually seeing how my thoughts effect my whole day! :D

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:19 pm

THH......yes, this is a big lesson......once you "get it" it all starts to make sense....and I realize that this is really where I need to take control as I still fall back into the negative thinking......its funny cuz last time through, I thought this was only about putting myself down, but you are soooo right that its about asking yourself if its "true, reasonable, rational, realistic?" ...there is so much more than just saying it was a negative thought.....understanding the what, why, and hows really puts the negative thoughts into perspective......excellent point THH!!!!

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:38 pm

It is so easy to forget, more when things are not going the way you would like them to go. I know I have a hard time controlling my mind and keeping it in positive.
We have so much to learn and at the same time we have so much to offer.
Good day today, a little lazy in the morning, but it got better.
The Weather channel just made my day... no more rain for at least 4 days :D . I will be able to get things done outside. I love to work outside.
Talk to you soon.
Hope

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 am

Hi Hope......I know when I get into a rut its sometimes hard to jump out, but we always do :D a lazy morning can be such a nice thing if you just take the time to enjoy it :D
we have a bit of sunshine now....but the rain is still in the forecast, what a crazy month of April in Ohio....bet we had more days of rain then not lol
enjoy your next few days out in the sunshine...take the time to enjoy it :D

THH

Post by THH » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Karen,
You said it better than me! LOL... It is very good though being able to recognize the negative thoughts are here and these questions are a perfect place to go to. It not only breaks up the beginning of the cycle but once I realize this is not real, I can then choose a new place to start thinking. I can make a game out of it and make it fun. At times I have not been in the positive mood and followed them to the what if zone and I can scare myself. Lately I catch that too ( most of the time ) and it seams that my mind tells me "this is not real" why do this to your self.( It also takes more energy to get all worked up) On the days I just can't get my game on, I just say go to bed! Tomorrow will be better. And it usually is. ;)

Hope,
For me, I didn't realize how this bad habit of thinking negative was. It can go right to auto pilot with out warning! When I first went through the program, I did not even think I was a negative person! After really paying attention it was easier to find the positive things I was saying/thinking as most of my self talk was negative. It is very hard!!! I feel I am finally catching on but I still need to pay very close attention. Hope your day was nice. ;)

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:58 am

I also believe I was not a negative thinker.... Wrong.... When I am by myself I keep going back to old, bad memories... I keep working to changing those for good and positive stuff.
I notice that I use the TV to keep my mind busy, however it is a distraction from getting things done. I guess is a trap.

I found this video... I hope you enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMBnuztL ... re=related

THH
We are doing good in getting the house ready for show... We are planning on moving, we want a place where we can have the house and the print shop in the same place. I have been working outside and my husband is fixing and painting. The house is a disaster zone. I can relate with you having to deal with the mess of construction.

Karen,
Thanks for the support. You are great at making people feel better... I hope you are doing the same for yourself. ;)

Hope

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:08 pm

THH

Post by THH » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Today I had to get my monogram! (Health anxiety for sure) I did pretty good staying in the present moment instead of what ifing. I plugged session 3 in my cd player and cruised. Driving alone, in lots of truck traffic, construction ---had all of them!
While listening to the cd, Many things pop ed out at me. 3 hundred neg. thoughts a day that's 70% of our thoughts are negative!!! I bet when I started this program I did better than that! LOL... It made me think of how far I have come, still more work to do.
Another thing I got this time is when I feel FEAR, it is linked back to the hours of self talk that I just made a huge deposit in, scaring myself! I am addicted to bad self talk! Soooo I must do something to talk myself out of fear. Going back to change the un real things I just fed myself, one by one, just like we do in our work books, change the dialog to Positive, empowering talk & that deflates the FEAR! Yea I felt a bit spacey, but I knew it was anxiety, I surely felt this before.
I made it, had the test and drove home! Got a call from my doctor, test was fine, good for another year! All in one day!!!YEY! :mrgreen:
Lastly I picked up feeling like I'm tired, depressed, guilt, overwhelm, all these and more are symptoms of negative self talk. I am going to watch more when I feel these things setting in.

My pick for today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg

Hope, I like your videos! Good song & who don't love the muppets!
How exciting on getting a new home! I like the work/ house idea! Keep your eye on the prize! It is hard getting a house ready to sell, finding the right one to buy, moving is very stress producing. Set yourself up to win, know that it too is a process and get used to the idea of everything being a mess. Broke up routines, "the change"! LOL... This maybe one of the best things for you? Dream of how you might like everything to be say in 6- 8 months. I'm excited for you!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”