Scariest thoughts of my life..

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
sandy08

Scariest thoughts of my life..

Post by sandy08 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Well to start off one day I seen the most disturbing video that scared me, made me sick, and traumatized me for days. After watching this video I ended up in the ER for having such a weak heart and fainting, My thoughts were out of control and made me very anxious and fearful. I try and try to switch these thoughts to something positive but they seem to stick in my mind so much and they frequently come to my mind I just wish I had never watched the video or everything would have been just fine.
Why me??!
Sigh*

Pauly J

Re: Scariest thoughts of my life..

Post by Pauly J » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:17 am

I understand how you feel! Having thoughts that scare you is the last thing that you want to have keep coming back into your mind! I think that you are doing the right thing by changing your focus immediately when these thoughts arise! Sometimes it doesn't always work, but you need to keep persisting! Eventually, these thoughts will lessen, and with time and effort, it will go away!

Another thing that you might want to do is "change the meaning" to the video! Was is an actual footage or was is a movie that was not real? You can change the meaning to the event so that it doesn't have the same effect on you! Whatever about the video is causing you distress, change the meaning!

If you reply back with some info about this video, without getting too graphic, I can help you to get through this by helping to change the meaning of the event! This strategy works great, and if you apply it, you will no longer fear the thoughts of the event any longer!

pauly j

sandy08

Post by sandy08 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:21 pm

This video was an actual footage that was way graphic. Quick question, what do you mean by changing the meaning of the video? I have a little bit of understanding on changing the meaning but can you briefly explain to me? That would be great :)

Also changing the negative to a positive makes me feel soothed and comforted, but for some reason these thoughts sort of creep into my mind...

louella2

Post by louella2 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Does anyone out there have a hard time driving a car to differant places. Ido and I will be driving along then suddenly i will start to panic, or i will be riding with my boyfriend and he will be driving and i still get panicy.

sandy08

Post by sandy08 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:23 am

Louella2:
I understand how you are feeling, why don't you try relaxing and talking yourself out of being afraid.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”