need support =/

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Lisaida79

need support =/

Post by Lisaida79 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Hello, new to the site and am looking for support

Spacie

Re: need support =/

Post by Spacie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi -
I'm new too. Been on week three two weeks now. Even though I've always been great at building up others, I now realize how mean I've been to myself for a long time. Listening to the first part of session three (not the group so much) first thing in the morning and again much as possible (driving, etc.) is helping me a little more each day. I pick up a new insight each listen.
It would be nice if this board was a busier place, but it's pretty great it's here at all, so you know there really are others going through the same stuff and actually coming out the other side into the sunshine.

Lisaida79

Re: need support =/

Post by Lisaida79 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:41 am

Yes I am on 2 amd 3. I do find it helping me more and more each day. I just need to work more on my positive self dialogue. But I've noticed that once I feel an "anxiety episode" coming on I immediately begin to breath it out and repeat to myself "have faith in yourself, trust yourself" and it seems to sooth me enough to calm down. But i'm still working on grasping the positive dialogue as I mentioned. So far it's just that. But hey whatever works right? lol =) I'm so glad that i can talk about this stuff w/ppl who also know. It's comfoting. It's hard explaining this to someone that doens't have anxiety.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”