Listened again

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Toni Louise

Listened again

Post by Toni Louise » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:42 pm

To the introductory CD and #3 CD today. Self talk. Wow I know I am my own worse enemy. I know I am hard on myself. I am so glad that I listened to this CD again today. I prayed today and asked for GOD to help me to be kinder to myself.To help me not to get myself all worked up, I also used the word compassion as well.

mmejias35

Re: Listened again

Post by mmejias35 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:53 pm

I was listening to the 3 cd for like the 3rd time now and I was up telling myself positive things and writing down all my negative thoughts. I feel like I am up and down since I have started the program. I thought i was done with depression but realized that i still have some minor depression. I have been worrying all week that my fear is going to keep me from my life again. I have to make a 3 hour drive tomorrow for work and i have done it a hundred times in the past but now i am afraid of having a panic attack. I feel like i've gone backwards. Its depressing but i am learning to give myself credit for what i do whether it is small or big. I have to be more positive cause i don't want to be stuck in my house and go back to where i was 11 years ago. I have accomplished so much. It all started up in December when i got a panic attack out of town. Even though i was with my family, i remember beating myself up for having one after i was doing soo well! Since then i have been having them sometimes and I feel like i have to relearn everything. Sometimes i feel stuck. But i know that I am not alone. And maybe the reason i am going through this is because since i've started this program, i have really had to look at myself and notice the way i think. I am really hoping this program can help me cause I have a life to live.

briandc

Post by briandc » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:04 am

Boy I am right there with you...up and down scared to death of everything that could go wrong.....I never used to be this way...and i am really starting to hate it. To top it off I am in the beginning of breaking up my marriage, not only because it doesnt work anymore, but then neither do I. I am really struggling....I have listened to tape 3 like 10 tim4es and my brain just doesnt get it....either that or I dont. Have to start a job soon...freaking out I will be homeless before I even get divorced...i just think my life is too crazy and I need help.

Toni Louise

Post by Toni Louise » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:56 pm

briandc wrote:Boy I am right there with you...up and down scared to death of everything that could go wrong.....I never used to be this way...and i am really starting to hate it. To top it off I am in the beginning of breaking up my marriage, not only because it doesnt work anymore, but then neither do I. I am really struggling....I have listened to tape 3 like 10 tim4es and my brain just doesnt get it....either that or I dont. Have to start a job soon...freaking out I will be homeless before I even get divorced...i just think my life is too crazy and I need help.
Sounds like you have alot of stressful stuff going on. Divorce is a major stressor. Are you not working or are you starting another one? If so that is STRESSFfUL too. Wow sounds to me like you have alot on your plate right now.

chillgirl79

Post by chillgirl79 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I've definitely found this session very challenging... and it does induce anxiety when I do the homework. But I feel that it's ultimately therapeutic. Digging deep into our feelings and addiction to negative thinking is bound to be tough but eventually healing. I too feel like I've taken a step back, but we can't give up. This is all a major step toward a positive and happy future. I hope you all stick to it with me, and I wish you all the best of luck!

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”