feeling spacey and depersonalized!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
dombranelle

Re: feeling spacey and depersonalized!

Post by dombranelle » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 am

Hi everyone... I used to feel this way all the time! It was so weird. When I would tell people, they didn't believe me and thought I was nuts! I thought I was nuts... I finally broke down and went to a Dr. at the time I didn't have a regular family dr. so I just picked one and made an appt. I told her I had this "derealization" that I felt like I wasn't all there in my body... She looked at me strange, then said she thought I was depressed. I really had no idea that I was depressed, I just thought I was going crazy or dying! So she put me on Lexapro... I called her two weeks after taking it because of the side effects, nausea, headache, being tired all the time... she insisted I take it for at least another 4 weeks and I did and it worked! After about a month I started to feel normal again! The derealization went away and I felt better. I took that for over a year then stopped taking it beacause I felt better... I went through some withdrawal, but then I was ok after a few weeks. Now I am dealing with major anxiety issues. They are getting better since starting the program, but I still get panic attacks. I think I have a bit of ocd which I have not been diagnosed with, but if I think of certain things or do certain things it send me into panic mode! I am trying very hard to do this program because I believe it will help me get better. Hope I didn't ramble too much. Yes , the Spacey, not feeling in your body or connected to your body feeling does go away! I was so afraid I would never stop feeling that way, but I did... Now I'm just super anxious... working on it though!

fra22

Post by fra22 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:38 pm

yes this feeling does suck. i want it to go away

dancedream

Post by dancedream » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:16 pm

thanks datgirl23! sorry i haven't responded earlier but I have been very busy with work, yes we can talk and help each other. That would motivate me alot! are you in session 4 already? im still on session 4 and will be for the next week bcuz i didnt really focus due to my jpb. hope you are doing well! God bless!

briandc

Post by briandc » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:03 pm

I totally understand. I get into this spacey painful place filled with panic. i realize i wont die, but damn is it annoying and drives me to craziness. I am lousy about following my instructions, and my medication is all over the place. I thought I was making good progress but now feel like I am slipping away. I am sure thaat has a lot to do with why my marriage is going down the tubes and ending in divorce...but honestly for me right now its like will I survive...i say yes now, but most of the time I feel like i wont....got a lot to do work wise on this. I think this is my last chance. brian

fra22

Post by fra22 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:30 pm

i agree. i was doing good then out of nowhere i stopped watching the videos and my anxiety is horrible again. the spaceyness has got worse. im constantly in it. i just want it to go away. any suggestions out there ? i been taking celexa for about 6 weeks and feel like it just made it worse.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”