feeling spacey and depersonalized!

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
dancedream

feeling spacey and depersonalized!

Post by dancedream » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 am

Hi Everyone,
I am bran new to this, so Im just gonna give this a try.....I have noticed that most of my anxiety is due to the spacey, weird feelings I get. I have a hard time explaining this feeling because it almost makes me feel like Im super weird. I am wondering if theres anyone out there that feels the same way and if they can help me deal with these feelings. Ill try to describe it, It feels like im stuck in my own body, when I get the panicky feelings I feel super detached, like I am not myself or I am not there. I want to run away from me, which is impossible, I like myself alot, but I feel like I cant stand being in my own skin when I get these weird spacey, detached, panicky feelings. its like Im afraid of my own body. So far the program is helping alot and Im very happy with it, but I dont want to be afraid of these feelings/ sensations anymore. I understand that sensations are uncomfortable but not dangerous, but its REALLY annoying to feel this spacey feeling.
-Thanks! for reading and big thanks if any one has advice.

fra22

Re: feeling spacey and depersonalized!

Post by fra22 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:13 am

i call it 3 d mode my man. just go with it it the better you get it will go away. its scary but it wont kill you. are you major depressed ?

dancedream

Post by dancedream » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:38 am

I am not major depressed....as a matter of fact I love life, I know God is blessing me in many ways, like this program, but its so fustrating to have these feelings, what made you ask me that question, if im major depressed?

fra22

Post by fra22 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:15 pm

i dont know. but i know what you mean. its hard to do things when your feeling like that isnt it.

datgirl23

Post by datgirl23 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:32 am

Well you're not alone...i have these spacy feelings all the time...my psychologist said it was completely normal.. i hate it ass well..now i havent had any major anxiety attacks or panic attacks i'm taking medication {citalopram 20mg} and it has helped me sooo soo much in only 2 weeks im a totally different person im going back to being my normal self again but i still get anxious and i still get the spaced-out feeling but it's only the begining you know..plus the skills the program is teaching me is helping too..i didnt wanna take any medicine kuz of all the myths about anti-depressants but i jst really think i needed it kuz i didnt think i could do it on my own and i'm glad i did it helped me get rid of all the crazy scary thoughts i was having and i have a clear head to work with this program...if you need to talk to someone i'm more than glad to talk i would love to have someone who understands exactly wat im going through.. :)

fra22

Post by fra22 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:26 pm

yeah i started on the citolplan to. i been on it for a few weeks weeks but i still have the space feeling. has yours completely gone away? i think mine is a little of my anxiety do u take any anti anxiety meds

datgirl23

Post by datgirl23 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:30 pm

No not completely... it's gettin better though i been on 20mg for almost 2 weeks and i was on 10mg for a jst a week...and yea im taking hydroxyzine 25mg {vistaril} i take it only at night though kuz i couldnt really sleep for that long like i would wake up every 2 hrs or so.. but with this medicine i can sleep through the night like i did b4..but it's only temporary ima stope takin it next week...so how are you feeling with the citalopram? any side effects?

fra22

Post by fra22 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:42 pm

not sure i been sleeping bad again. i keep waking up like my heart is racing and it wakes me up. it sucks

datgirl23

Post by datgirl23 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Really? damn that does suck... how long have you been taking it? at first i felt like that too.. like my heart beating a bit faster..naucious,dizzy,i lost my appetite but then it went away.. just for the past 2 days i feel sooo like sleepy n a bit lazy..like an all day drowsiness ima wait till monday n call my dr. maybe 20mg is not the rite dose for me kuz i thought 10mg was doing me better even though it was only a week kuz i felt very good for the last two days b4 i upped my dose to 20mg. what dose are you taking?

fra22

Post by fra22 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:29 pm

im taking 40 now. i want to go back to 20 . this happen to me same time last year except i didnt take any pills i just snapped out of it. its a rough one this time.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”