Procedure

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
scb77

Procedure

Post by scb77 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 pm

So I am extremely nervous about a procedure I have to get tomorrow. I have to go get an endoscope. I will have to be put under anesthesia and then they will put a tube down my throat with a camera on it. I think I am more worried about the needle when they in the IV for the anesthesia. I can't stop what if-ing. What if I have a reaction what if I never wake up what if what if what if. I was trying to think of a way to get out of it, but my mom wont let me. I am trying to be positive and say it is ok to be nervous it is scary but I will be ok. However I am so freaked out that I am going to have anxiety the whole time and I can't take one my pills to stop anxiety. Anyway any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

sparechange

Re: Procedure

Post by sparechange » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:45 pm

Well, I'm sure it's too late for advice at this point... but you can tell us how it went anyway.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that you didn't die. Besides, anesthesia is great. I went to have my wisdom teeth extracted a few years ago, and was panicking when I got in the chair...until they untied the tourniquet on my arm and then suddenly everything was wonderful. ;)

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”