new here

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
CarrieLee

new here

Post by CarrieLee » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:21 pm

My husband wants a separation. We go to the mediator tomorrow. I've been a stay at home mom for 7 years. We have 3 little girls. I'm a mess and trying my best to work the program. It's hard. I keep taking Xanex to stay calm but hopefully in time, the program will help me ween off. Thanks for any support. I'm glad I found this program.

sleepyby8

Re: new here

Post by sleepyby8 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Welcome, Carrielee. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles but know that you aren't alone in your anxiety. I think you will find the program very helpful. And be sure to use the relaxation cd...it will help calm you. Good luck tomorrow....I'll keep you in my prayers.

Nanner823

Post by Nanner823 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:15 am

Welcome, I am here if you need to talk. Also divorced mother of 3,perhaps I could lend a bit of sanity.

bjwright

Post by bjwright » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi new here. I was married in my 20's when my anxiety started. Back then, no one had this label, I think they called it "nervous breakdowns". At any rate.......we divorced after 8 1/2 years because everyone in my life thought I was just
crazy, including him. I spent 10+ years in psychotherapy, which was wonderful and my anxiety subsided when I remarried a wonderful man who "took care of me" and I had 4 children.......which distracted me for 20+ years. Now, here I am, back in school, working two jobs, widowed, and still have two children at home. The anxiety has returned, so I have turned to this program. No one understands how this feels, unless they have lived it. My sister says "So, just what is it you are anxious about?? I don't get it". No she doesn't. I plan on pouring my heart our here to see if it helps. I didn't have kids when I divorced the first time, so that is rough. See if your husband will hang in there until you complete the program. It's worth a try, right?
p.s. my first husband remarried and she is bi-polar!! Go figure. Good luck to you.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”