Laughter at yourself helps

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Cheryl1

Laughter at yourself helps

Post by Cheryl1 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:08 pm

I have found that having a sense of humor with yourself is very helpful. I recently decided to go back to church on a regular basis as a way to connect with other people and my faith. I decided that for Lent I would make an effort to give up negative thinking, which coincides nicely with Lesson 3. Well, after attending Ash Wednesday Mass ( the start of the Lent), I called my daughter who is away at College to touch base and say "Hello". Needless to say the conversation ended up in a war of words- details not important- I got off the phone, totally off my rocker! ( she really knows how to push my buttons) Then I started getting down on myself because I got so angry and not in control of my emotions. Anyway, it demonstrated how aware I need to be in the moment and how much effort it takes to control emotion and thinking. After about 10 minutes of fuming to my husband after the phone call, I paused and realized that I made it approximately 1/2 hour before breaking my Lenten commitment!!!!!! It was so pathetic I had to laugh...........but that's why we need HIM ( and Lesson 3!), because we are imperfect and will fall short, just remember to keep on striving forward to the goal!!!!! Remember not to take ourselves to seriously................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”