Elderly parents/father dying/rollercoaster

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Snootyboots

Elderly parents/father dying/rollercoaster

Post by Snootyboots » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:00 am

3-25-11

Hi,

I have a chemical imabalance which has a component of Bipolar. I am experiencing mild to moderate rollercoaster emotions because my 90 year old Dad is in the nursing home and dying of cancer. My parents are Christians, so we have the hope of eternal life for him and most of our family.

My problem is that my Mom has been very demeaning/demanding most of the time in the past to my Dad and now that he is no longer able to do for her, the family is getting the brunt of the negativity. Her mind is pretty good and she is pretty active but highy impatient and short-sighted. It's tough enough to lose my Dad in the fairly near future but I can't deal with the ridicule and rejection which pops out of her without warning. It wrecks my self-esteem. I am lisening to the "Feeling Better Fast" CD quite a bit and Lesson 3 is helping but I was wondering it I could get some feedback on someone that has been there.

The great news is that I have a normally highly supportive and wonderful husband. The bad news is that he is fed up with her, too. So, I can't poor my heart out to him and expect esteem building/guilt ridding sensitivity. He's pretty blunt on the issue. Help me out, folks! Thanks, Snootyboots

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”