tinnitus

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
southernlady

Re: tinnitus

Post by southernlady » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Tinnitis is part of my life and has been for at least 5-6 years!
Since I started the program, I am taking a small cd player to bed with me, and when it gets bad, or
I notice it more,,I put the relaxation one in,,,,and go to sleep.
It seems when I am tired, the ringing is much much worse, and also when I am stressed more than
usual.
Also, dehydrated,,,,so keep sipping! :)

Jenn29

Post by Jenn29 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:26 pm

This is so weird! I have tinnitus as well and it started a few months ago. It started before my chronic panic attacks started but I was under extreme stress and still am. Mine is not a ringing though...it is the sound of my heart in my ear. It sounds like a baby's heart beat on a sonogram going on in my right ear. When I press on my artery in my neck it stops for a minute. Then when I let go comes right back. It has been horrible dealing with it on top of everything else. It has slowly gotten better recently but still not gone. I use a fan every night just for comfort.

I wish everyone luck!

tbabystroup

Post by tbabystroup » Sun May 08, 2011 11:20 pm

I suffer from tinnitus...and would like to share the tidbits my ENT gave me:
1. reduce your sodium intake drastically... salt we retain in our bodies can cause small fluid accumulation in the ears that makes the ringing 10X louder.. i tried this and within a few nights i noticed that the noise, although still there, was barely noticable!
2. if you refuse to cut your salt in-take they can prescribe diuretics which works the same as not eating salt
3. drink lots of water or clear juices... water helps flush all the extra salt from the body
4. MOST important one for me... do neck stretches, try to find ways to relax, even use bengay to relieve some of the tension... when our necks are tight, which is most of the time for us anxious people, the muscles create inner ear pressure which leads to ringing and pain
i watch how much salt i consume, drink more water, and try to keep my neck reasonably relaxed and i can barely hear any ringing!!! most nights i can now actually fall alseep without the tv on to drown out the noise in my ears... i know these help because on days when i have binged on salty foods or am really tense the ringing comes right back!
hope this helps a lil and good luck!!
~theresa~
**Beautiful pictures are developed from negatives in a dark room. so if you see darkness in your life, be reassured that a beautiful picture is being developed!!**

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”