cant tell if im spacey still from depression or lack of slee

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
fra22

cant tell if im spacey still from depression or lack of slee

Post by fra22 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:43 pm

i been feeling spacey for a few months now. the program is helping also though. i have tinnitus in my right ear that is making it impossible to sleep some nights. and i dont want to take anymore sleeping pills. i feel like my body is sleeping but my mind isnt. i wake up 3 o 4 times a night. can someone relate to this and give me some examples of how to deal with it. thank you so much

ab1982

Re: cant tell if im spacey still from depression or lack of

Post by ab1982 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:49 am

I was wondering. what if you slept with a sound machine or put a cd with a soothing music on. that'd distract you from ringing in your ears. and maybe you can get some peaceful sleep. sometimes when I have racing thoughts and can't relax i fall asleep to my fave music. Try it.
And sleeping pills would only make you feel drowsy in the morning (and possibly throughout the day). i hate them. I try to avoid them at all times.
Do you know what could be causing your tinnitus? Maybe there is a good reason and it could be eliminated.
Good luck.

sleepyby8

Re: cant tell if im spacey still from depression or lack of

Post by sleepyby8 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:45 pm

I find using the relaxation cd before bed really helps me sleep more soundly....I also sleep with a fan to block out other noise. Remember, too, when your body needs to sleep it will. Best to you.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”