Being hard on myself

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
bklynbee

Being hard on myself

Post by bklynbee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:51 am

Right now I am feeling let down by myself because it is such a beautiful day outside and I am scared to leave my house. I would love to take my dogs for a walk but I am so scared that I will get heart palpitations or my heart will start racing and then send me into a panic that I wont go out. I havent been outside in over a week and it really is like pure torture for me. Before I had this problem I used to take my dogs for walks daily. My poor dogs are suffering so much because of this. Whenever I get out of my bed that start wagging their tails thinking im going to take them and then when i just go back to bed they go lay back down and look miserable. I am doing session 3 this week and I really do understand about the positive talk and to live in the moment but I just dont have enough confidence in myself right now to go outside. Its almost as if I dont trust myself. Anyways just needed to vent. Thanks for listening!

Racer23

Re: Being hard on myself

Post by Racer23 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:04 am

Hello there,

Although my anxiety doesnt keep me stuck in the house I do know what its like to not do things because of it. Do you have a yard of any kind? maybe you could take small steps and maybe just sit in the yard with your dogs. and then when thats ok maybe walk down the street and back and then around the block. each time you accomplish a farther distance your confidence in yourself will increase. As soon as you feel anything coming on do the breathing, play with your dogs. They dont care how far they walk, they just want your love. They can sense when your uneasy so let them help you. They dont judge you or care if you get anxious. I hope this helps! ;)

emily

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”