Sunlight Issue

Learn how to comfort yourself, encourage yourself, and like yourself. This session is chock-full of POWERFUL tools for taking charge and changing your life for the better.
Beckajane

Sunlight Issue

Post by Beckajane » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:52 pm

My afternoon and evenings are fairly manageable but my mornings are many times unbearable. I can wake up in the middle of the night - be awake for a few minutes and then go back to sleep, but as soon as I see sunlight I become anxious. I don't want to face the day...I get up take a Xanax, eat some applesauce and go back to bed...this can't be good for me...what can I do to overcome the sunlight issue??

ab1982

Re: Sunlight Issue

Post by ab1982 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:03 pm

I dread waking up in the morning too. I always feel like I'm never getting enough sleep, even if i've slept 8 or more hours. I wish i could just spring out of bed and start doing things. Instead I barely move in the morning. :(

dbly42

Re: Sunlight Issue

Post by dbly42 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 pm

I tend to feel the same way in the morning and I think it's because we go from peaceful sleep directly into our negative thinking as this session points out. By working on positive thinking, they will eventually become more automatic and we'll begin waking up thinking more positive. I think the morning is most significant because this is when we feel the biggest shift from feeling good to feeling bad; this is exactly what makes it hard for me to sleep some nights. Throughout the day, when we're in the middle of it, it doesn't seem so bad, kinda like a pain or cramp we've gotten used to.

Return to “Session 3 - Self Talk: The Key to Healthy Self Esteem”